Surround Vocal Shield

Started by SteveB, March 17, 2024, 03:42:37 PM

SteveB

And here's another one that bypassed me completely. Have any of you groovy people had any contact with this rather nifty-looking gizmo? I've been using one leg of my Other-Half's tights (pantihose), for the last decade (they had been washed!), to reduce rumble/reflection. Now I see this is available.

recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

Ray Brookes

Same here, Steve. My missus fashioned a pop filter out of a coat hanger and an old pair of tights (still warm) does the job.
Ray Brookes

cuthbert

I have a flexible gooseneck clamp jobby with a pop filter on the other end. Not expensive when I bought it a decade or more ago. It can attach to a mic stand or table top.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

TPB

I have the clamp on pop filter bought it years ago on the deal of the day before that panty house
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Farrell Jackson

I also use a clamp on pop filter and half circle foam apparatus that attaches to the mic stand (behind the mic) to absorb room reflections. They work fairly well.  But I've never seen a surround gizmo like Steve posted.
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Ted

That thingy isn't a pop filter. Rather: It's not just a pop filter. It's an IsoCube Vocal Microphone Isolator.

Looks like something you could rig together – an ugly version – with some foam remnants and a hot glue gun. But that's how I roll.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac