The Best Part Of Waking Up

Started by StephenM, March 15, 2024, 11:41:20 AM

StephenM

The Best Part Of Waking Up
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Is Folger's in the cup.

so this is my infatuation with the Boss BR1600 CD guitar presets.  Also my affinity with with HB single coil configuration.  I also used the same preset with the bass, as with the guitar... and it was called Rectifier Metal or something... the second guitar track was Warm Drive...

I have a bit of an issue with the HB keeping it in tune...I think though the big problem is the operator...namely me... the gear ratio is much smaller than my better guitars (Epi Nighthawk, Les Paul, Hummingbird and my Shecter bass) so cranking the same amount yields bad results.  Plus the strings are about a year old... so.

but I will buy some more HB guitars... lusting after a tele currently...

I will upgrade the HB to 18:1 or so ... and adjust intone a bit...

As an artist I really don't want to be a protestor or a doomsday preacher or really anything other than a head down, blue jean and sleeve less t shirt rocker.... but sometimes I get dragged into all that I am... all that I believe...
mostly music should set us free... not remind us of the garbage around us.  at least that is what I envision.

lyrically this was bits from 3 ideas I had from quite a while back... and usually I don't do lyrics like this... but this time as I was mixing the music I got this idea to use these older lyrics that I had written and not used.... it is kind of groovy and weird..  as is the music... and mostly this is drum practice... which is my very favorite thing right now.[url="https://songcrafters.org/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;attach=196194;type=preview;file"]The Best Part Of Waking Up.mp3[/url]

E'rbody nowadays sure can play.  What's the point anyway?  Just another string on last years guitar thing.  E'rbody getting stoned.  E'rbody sittin alone.  E'rbody staring at their phones.
 Wonder what they dream about (or who) at home in bed at night.
We're all just buffoons, lost in a sea of sand.  Trying to be rock stars.  Some get so high they get their own private jet.  But me, I'm just stayin in my yard. 
The wizard and his misses were washing the dishes just after eating pie.  Just then the misses caught a glimpse in the mirror and cried out with horror, her face ragged and grey.  The wizard laughed and said throw that damn thing away.  It only lies, you're still beautiful to me. 
The wizard and his misses were washing the dishes just after eating pie.  The lovely las commented how good his new algorithm tasted, he said he found it while wasted.  Just then the trash can flew by.  I really must secure that thing he thought or someone might get hurt. 
Will you love me again tonight.   Will you hold me ever so tight.  i promise I won't make i t hurt.
 plop, plop, fizz fizz, o what a relief it is.  The bull gives you wings.  Eat this boy, breakfast of champions.  Why not try the king of beers? 

repeat various lyrics.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Mike_S

Love it from the first chord... that's a massive sound you are getting. This is a total rock out vibe that just doesn't exist these days outside of here that I know of. Yeah excellent, I like how those lyrics just seem to wander around from theme to theme...quite random, but excellent. If songcrafters had an award for free spirit of the year you would surely win.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ray Brookes

What a great guitar sound! Another cool & weird track from you, Stephen. Love those FX you use on your vocals - can you post the lyrics?
Ray Brookes

StephenM

Quote from: Ray Brookes on March 17, 2024, 02:19:24 PMWhat a great guitar sound! Another cool & weird track from you, Stephen. Love those FX you use on your vocals - can you post the lyrics?
sure thing Ray..

An interesting and coincidental thing about the lyrics of the first verse is how it correlates to the threads on is anyone trying to make it and my wife and family cant stand my music....

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

Another Stephen M masterpiece.  I love the heavy rock guitars and drums, the drums are brilliant.
Your lyrics are always a joy to hear.
It's really arranged very well.
It reminds me of REM.
The guitars really sound cool.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

godinqc

Great rocker piece Stephen.. I agree there a bit of a REM vibe in there ..
Cool lyrics, I really enjoyed it ..
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

Zoltan

This is such a good song.
It grabs the listener from the get go and although you're using your patented Stephenized double vocal approach it never turns into chaos.

The playing works but it's the songwriting and lyrics that caught my attention.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

StephenM

I don't think a year and a half ago i could have ever gotten to a vibe like this.  If you listen to the drums vs the bass, they are playing different rhythms within the tempo... I couldn't do this before i started playing acoustic drums.  Some how my brain is being rewired and even my time on the treadmill walking and running have me doing things with arms, shoulders, forearms, hands that i never did before...
and the concept of all 4 limbs being able to be individual as well as collective I am starting to see glimpses of.

the other thing I wanted to mention now is the bass played with a pick... total different instrument in so many ways... more like electric guitar...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24

Blooby

It's like a marriage between an arena rock band and the vocalists from the B-52's, and I love it. Thank you for posting the lyrics as I have a hard time discerning them within songs (I believe a byproduct of tinnitus).

Blooby

StephenM

Quote from: Blooby on March 22, 2024, 07:44:19 AMIt's like a marriage between an arena rock band and the vocalists from the B-52's, and I love it. Thank you for posting the lyrics as I have a hard time discerning them within songs (I believe a byproduct of tinnitus).

Blooby

I generally do, but lately have gotten slack... so I will in the future...
thanks for the comments and to all! 

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24