Do people in your life care that you write songs? (via Reddit)

Started by Ted, March 15, 2024, 02:42:21 AM

Oldrottenhead

I do it for myself, if anyone else gets it, that's a bonus. Occasionally the good lady will listen to something or other but very rarely. that said the encouragement a feedback i have had here over the years have kept me at it. I'm still looking for that lost chord.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

StephenM

Quote from: Johnbee on March 20, 2024, 06:47:57 AMIn answering your question:  Hell no!  I stopped telling people long ago.

:) John B

I tell them, whether they want to know or not... without being obnoxious about it... and generally there is very little interest... but it is part of who I am, just as I am a runner and so talking about what we do or are about is important... and I also attempt to listen more to others and figure out what they are about and ask about that too... also though finding folks who are kind of into what we are is kind of important... I don't really want to be part of a crochet club or anything but my wife likes it and is quite good at it so I am somewhat interested in what she does, more the finished products... and once in a while I hit a song that she actually likes...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Farrell Jackson

I started gigging locally when I was 16 years old and the last gig I did was in 2015. To this day I have people ask me if I'm still playing in a band. I tell them no but I still play and record in my home studio. That's about as far as the conversation goes. I think my wife tolerates the time I spend in my studio because she knows it's good for my mental health (it keeps me sane). She'll make a comment here and there about a song she likes but I've learned long ago that her passion for music isn't the same as mine. So the answer is no, people in my life don't care that I write songs. Well, except maybe you guys, the people that purchase them online, the mailman, my grandkids, my neighbors... lol, I'm joking.
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Zoltan

Quote from: chapperz66 on March 20, 2024, 12:46:30 PMShort answer: No.

But wouldn't you want to write a longer one? :)

This whole topic has been a treasure trove. Such interesting stories.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

StephenM

well, I am interested in ya'll tunes enough to make up for the millions who could give a FF!  write on..play on... record on.. have fun... get crazy..or not... do serious songs or silly songs... I llikely will hear them all.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Johnbee

Quote from: Oldrottenhead on March 20, 2024, 07:06:26 AMI do it for myself, if anyone else gets it, that's a bonus........

Kinda how I look at it too.

:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

thetworegs

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

maxit

Not much lol. It s my passion and they have theirs too, that i'm not so into. For example, I can hardly share the passion for creative cooking (eating is different ;- ).
recorder
Audacity

Mike_S

Maybe the other people in our lives need some kind of support group!  ;D
recorder
iPad GarageBand