Farewell Mr Bond- remix

Started by funkyaxe, March 10, 2024, 04:53:07 PM

funkyaxe

Farewell Mr Bond
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I've had a little tweak of this old tune from 2020. Hopefully, it is a bit sharper now with less clipping.

cuthbert

I like how it went from the recognizable Bond motif into a more bossa nova, jazzy direction, while still occasionally nodding back to John Barry's original work. Really nice guitar work here.

Smooth, very smooth.  8) 

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

chapperz66

So classy throughout.  Very impressive guitar playing.  Really enjoyed this.

Paul

Ted

This has a feel of a too-clever-for-his-own-good guitarist playing background music at a restaurant: He seems to be meeting the requirements of the job – which is to go virtually unnoticed. Yet he peppers the songs with inside jokes – "Midnight Cowboy" – hoping to hear a snicker from among the diners. Someone is paying attention.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

funkyaxe

Thanks for your comment Ted. I was a bit worried, reading the first sentence but realised that this is a huge compliment - thank you.

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

Brilliant playing, the guitar is really impressive. I like that the music wasn't what I was expecting for a Bond themed piece of music. Really laid back and enjoyed this.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Mike_S

Great stuff. The Bond theme is heavily reworked into your own style so that was great and fresh to the ears. Everything else is super. I have a great love of jazz guitar so this hits all the spots :)

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Blooby

Dripping with atmosphere with stellar playing throughout. I assume it wasn't played to a grid, but I kept hearing in my head a small trap kit doing a jazzy shuffle.

Wonderful post. It is inspiring me to play today.

Blooby

Ted

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

cuthbert

Quote from: Ted on March 19, 2024, 11:31:54 AMBTW: Here's a recent topical video.

Very interesting, Mr. B... erm, Ted.

But seriously, cool clip and I'm going to check out that EmMaj9 chord soon.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase