Neil Diamond's "Love on the Rocks" from "The Jazz Singer" soundtrack cover

Started by the physics teacher, March 10, 2024, 10:27:38 AM

the physics teacher

LOTR-3
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Neil Diamond's "Love on the Rocks" from "The Jazz Singer" soundtrack.
Covered by Han(frunabulacs) On keyboard and Corné on vocals.
I do have an elektic bass and guitar, i do have an acoustic guitar. I even have a keyboard and a Roland drum set What I seem to miss is skills. So to cure my at least 40y frustration I dicovered my instrument being my voice. So I finaly had the nerve to take singing lessons and make my voice heared thanks to Songcrafters.

Frunabulax

StephenM

I heard this a few days ago and did not get to comment. 

nice choice... and you have done a really great job on this... I tell you what.. if I were listening to this live I would be glued to it like a paper doll to elmers glue against a story board.  There is some really great desire in the voice... real passion... that makes this a winner.

also the piano sounds great. 

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

the physics teacher

I do have an elektic bass and guitar, i do have an acoustic guitar. I even have a keyboard and a Roland drum set What I seem to miss is skills. So to cure my at least 40y frustration I dicovered my instrument being my voice. So I finaly had the nerve to take singing lessons and make my voice heared thanks to Songcrafters.

Ted

This is a great song! I think your performance and delivery are more convincing than ND's, and the stripped down arrangement is more suited to the loneliness and grief of the song than the overproduced orchestrated original. I mean, listen to his version. Do you really believe his love is on the rocks? I don't.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

StephenM

Quote from: Ted on March 16, 2024, 05:20:30 AMDo you really believe his love is on the rocks? I don't.

you have no idea how hard I laughed at this Ted!  so good...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Blooby

I saw this movie recently so I was pleased to see this posted.  Not an easy tune, but you pull it off gracefully. Very cool tune to see around these parts.

Blooby

des0free

Great collaboration from both sides - tasteful vocals and keys - I saw some previous videos of your colleague playing guitar - didn't realize he's a facile keys player too. Difficult song to pull off, but you've done it.  One of my favorite artists.  Recently saw a Neil cover band, and I can't get enough, so enjoyed your post a lot. Good singing, physicist.
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR