No Mercy For The Wicked

Started by StephenM, March 08, 2024, 01:42:09 PM

StephenM

No Mercy For The Wicked
Time:
0:00
Volume:
This is my most serious work ever.

started from a drum riff I had been working on.  I could not get it right using a metronome along so I ditched that.  Then I made this bass line.  I didn't know that this would be anything more than messing around.  I used the BR1600 for the bass and the guitar.  I wanted to keep this like a 3 piece.  simple but bloody heavy hitting.  I used the HB on the rhythm pickup dual coil.  I used some presets with the CLA plug ins on Audacity for guitar, bass, drums, and vocals.  Then I added in a small choir piece at the end. 

I don't see this as gloom.  Rather simply a song of what I believe has happened, is happening, and will happen, with a glorious outcome. 

I doubt seriously I can please any group of people with this except maybe some certain headbangers, that I don't know any.  My church friends certainly won't like it... but I don't care... it comes from things I have studied and observed and believe. 

one other note for clarification.  The use of whore here is not to refer to prostitutes but rather the bible idea of those who go after other gods.

Cast in your sickle angels, vengeance from the sky.  Avenge my saints sweep far and sweep wide.  Leave no flesh, feel no remorse.  I'll settle the score with these evil whores. 
Assemble the meek, bring them to me.  They were lambs to the slaughter, I noticed you see. 

The devils below thought they had won, but the precious blood of the martyrs is savory to me. 

It's not the way I wanted it, I would rather create.  But choices those bad humans made I could no longer take.  They thought I was dead, they told all kinds of lies, but now my strange act carry out from on high. 

Cast in the sickle, sweep far and sweep wide.  While you're doing that I'll rain fire from the sky.  The blood will run freely, down the streets.  There won't be any left, left to weep. 

Assemble my saints, bring me my sheep.  It's time for the marriage of the lamb.  Prepare the feast, put on the white robes.  I'll welcome my children now from down below.  Hush now my child, I'll wipe away your tears.  There's only glad now forevermore.  Hush now my child, I'll wipe away your tears.  There's only glad now forevermore. 

Cast in the sickle, sweep far and sweep wide.  While you're doing that I'll rain fire from the sky.  The blood will run freely, down the streets.  There won't be any left, left to weep. 

You see my cup of iniquity is overflowing.  Its reached too high I can no longer stand by. 
I will not hold my wrath anymore.  I gave up my son to even the score.  But they rejected the mercy and now they will pay.  They will pay for that day I put on him....
No mercy for the wicked.  No mercy for the wicked.  No mercy for the wicked.

Small choir sings "All hail the power of Jesus name.  Let angels prostrate fall.  Bring for the royal diadem and crown him Lord of all.  Bring forth the royal diadem and crown him Lord of all.
No Mercy For The Wicked.mp3

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Bluesberry

I have lost all words ...all use of words......it's certainly epic.....not what I was expecting at the end there...but is seems perfect once it gets under the thought barrier, as it were......very striking and deeply emotional and prophetic storytelling......words are failing me......great post.....I will give a few more listens to this over the rest of the day....... days.....weeks even.........I don't know what to say other than bravo........bravo....and bravo...you da man!

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Johnbee

Very powerful.  I believe the judgement that is before mankind will be just and severe for all the evil in the world.

:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

Ray Brookes

Awesome work, Stephen. Excellent production/arranging along with deep and meaningful lyrics. I have no religion or beliefs but I appreciate the messaging and the intensity of what you are putting across.
Ray Brookes

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

Brilliant lyrics Stephen. And a powerful message of what some may believe.
Your vocals are really impressive on this too. Showing your range of styles.
I really love the music style. It is as you say, head banging music, and could imagine one of those heavy metal bands like Iron maiden recording this.
Great guitar work, bass, drums. And mixing sounds brilliant.
I don't know how you get time to write all these cool songs, but I'm glad to hear them.  :)
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

SE

Yeah proggy eighties feel, your  drums worked out well.
Cool arrangement too lots to keep it interesting till the end.

Well done!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

Ted

Quote from: StephenM on March 08, 2024, 01:42:09 PMMy church friends certainly won't like it

Don't suck up to me like that. I see what you are up to, Stephen.

There's street-corner madman preacher aspect to this – the absolute conviction of the vocal performance. Avoid eye-contact. Keep walking. I think to myself, "Goodness! He's serious!"

BTW: I referred to "the Whore" in an older song of mine. You were actually the last person to bump it.

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac