Never Too Late To Try

Started by Ray Brookes, March 07, 2024, 11:40:30 AM

chapperz66

Blimey!  Stunning.  You can tap! 

Great song.  A 2.5 minute song that is just epic.

Paul

StephenM

today, I was playing this as my son (19) walked by... "who is this guy?"  he asked.

I said you heard him before.  Ray from Australia...

"Yeah"... that guy sounds like the singer with "A Horse With No Name"....

I didn't hear that... but I do love America... not that song so much but ... geez Ray... you getting comped with Continents... and you deserve it.  ever bit of it...
damn right... but for me... your vocals are great... and really super... but the rest of it are on par...

SUPERSTAR!

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

thetworegs

You've hit that mark again Ray beautiful from the tapping acoustic to the lyrics and delivery loved it were all getting old but it's no excuse to not try poor girl with the Donald Duck lips is probably trying a little too hard 😂

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Gritter

i Love this! Top shelf stuff. Epic sound and the lyrics are really cool. Great, great song.

chapperz66

Back for another listen.  This really is very good.  I could stand it it was a bit longer.  Please....

bruno

Wow - that is some awesome playing - and a vocal melody to die for.
Fab - what a great sound, there is a touch of Jethro Tull about it.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Ted

Excellent playing – from the tapping onward. A beautiful production that takes the listener several places. There's a "thinking out loud" aspect to this. I don't mean to say it sounds ad-libbed, but that you start with an experience, a gut reaction, a snap judgement, some further reflection, and end in a different place.

Quote from: Ray Brookes on March 07, 2024, 11:40:30 AMA so-called influencer
Threw me a disparaging look
She had all the silicone implants
And lips like Donald Duck
She paused for a second with the selfies
And I caught her stupid eye
I said "Your use-by date is almost done,
Soon time to wave goodbye."

Brutal.

I recently spent a couple of days with some "influencers" and reality TV stars who were in Madagascar filming a show about biodiversity. I was prepared to dislike them. They were actually nice people (which surprised me). But seeing their near-manic obsession with producing social content was saddening. Standing in a forest, watching lemurs jumping from tree to tree, they couldn't take their minds off of what they were going to post later that day. I commended one of them, Blake Moynes (479K followers  ;) ), for his genuine ability to take in the moment without reaching for his phone or camera.

Quote from: Gritter on March 23, 2024, 10:54:35 AMi Love this! Top shelf stuff. Epic sound and the lyrics are really cool. Great, great song.

And with that, Gritter is a Super Hero - 5000th post! An influencer!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Trist

ooh excellent song Ray , lyrics are cool  donald duck lips lol . great driving rhtyhm and arrangment , liked the drop to the piano very tasteful and the  driving rock ending was awesome, could of listened for another 10 minutes to that.
very much enjoyed this track,