Norway At Night v3 (by the Sussidio Troll Dolls)

Started by StephenM, March 07, 2024, 07:43:25 AM

StephenM

Norway at Night v3
Time:
0:00
Volume:
this was a track of Casio keyboard and drums/bass that Zoltan sent me to play with...

I started having so much fun.. and this is so ridiculous.  i can't help but laugh and laugh..

I don't think he would have seen this going like this but he did give me freedom.

I went to Norway once... you can guess where.  Beautiful place.  I added a bit about my trip into some folklore of Norway with some other folklore and embellishments... mostly I had fun playing with the crazy vocal tracks.

the song was 2:45 so I cut the end off and spliced in and then added part of it back in including the end.. it is likely too long.. but I was having so much fun

I used my Jay Turser Strat from the BR 1600 over to the Zoom L20 to record the rhythm guitar... Then I did the vocal tracks on the Zoom and mixed all that in audacity and then added the lead guitar same way and mixed it in...

I've been to Bergen, I've seen the lights.  I've watched the trolls, like ants, crawl down the mountains at night.  The lovely lights, the boats in port, beckoning the pirates come ashore.  I ate the reindeer, it's very good.  It was not Rudolph though.  That's too rude for Santa Claus you know.  I've danced with all the trolls.  There is something out there.  Something big, look out.  Someone's watching you.  Eyes in the night, someone with lights, someone not so nice.  Don't look down, they're popping out of the ground. 
Norway at night.  It's not for the timid.  Norway at night.  The ghouls are livid.  The viking ships.. The ghouls are livid. 
Norway at night... you're not gonna live it.

Eyes in the night.. some not so nice.  Don't look down they are popping out of the ground.

I've danced with all the trolls... repeat

eyes in the night... I've danced with all the trolls.  There is something out there.  Something big, look out.  Someone's watching you.  Eyes in the night, someone with lights, someone not so nice.  Don't look down, they're popping out of the ground. 

Norway at Night v3.mp3 

Screenshot 2024-03-07 095652.png

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

chapperz66

You have to watch out for the eyes in the night!

Brilliant stuff Stephen and Zoltan!

Paul

Zoltan

What can i say? The whole track has been Stephenized and it's all the better for it!

For total transparency i must add that the tracks were not done with a Casio of anykind :) Maybe some later models are "hi-fi" enough, but these were done with Decent Sampler.

What used to be just a backing track turned into a weirdness with a touch of Nordic folklore... Or  something. I'm really digging that Ai generated album art too. A band that really should do an album. And in the right hands that Jay Turser is a thing of a beauty!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

This is what I love about Stephen. He can take something and create a song, lyrics and improve it and turn it into something better. And always imaginative.
Great collab zoltan and stephen. I love the backing music, the synths and that squelchy bass.
Nice guitars and vocals. And a great mix.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Farrell Jackson

This is wild and crazy good Stephen and Zoltan! I didn't know what to expect, judging by the song title, but you both knocked it out of the Troll's park!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Ron D Bowes

Great song. Love the effects being used. The lyrics are fun and the construction very clever. Top marks!

kenny mac

This is mental.
Lyrically it's insane,musically its the velvets meet the stranglers meet kraftwerk.
Your a  musical wizard Stephen and zoltan adds the pixie dust.
Nice one guys.

Pipes

Great layers of atmosphere and creativity here

Works really well and captures so many things artistically

Great
Nick

Ray Brookes

Excellent crazy track from you two. So much going on in the instrumentation yet everything placed just right int he mix.
Ray Brookes

Ted

Quote from: StephenM on March 07, 2024, 07:43:25 AMI ate the reindeer, it's very good.  It was not Rudolph though. 

As far as you know.

This is fun stuff. I would like the vocals up more in the mix. That would give the song a bit more trolly menace.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac