Midnight Minstrel-Original

Started by Johnbee, March 05, 2024, 05:41:11 PM

maxit

I agree with the randy newman quote (add some billy joel too)! This time I appreciate a simpler melodic line (I'm a country boy, I can't help it LOL). Sweet , sweet, sweet song.
recorder
Audacity

kenny mac

I get the Randy Newman vibe.
That piano is excellent.
Your compositions always feel so complex to me but they seem to come so easy to you.
Nice horn additions and strings.
An excellent song.
Your vocal is so crystal clear on this also.
A great mix.
Well done.

Johnbee

Thanks Kenny Mac, Maxit, Hillary, Ron D, Darren, Karl, Ted, Stephan, Ferral, Ray & Hardlock.  Appreciate the Randy Newman compare.

:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

Zoltan

It's midnight and that's the right time to hear this song (again).

Beautifully arranged instrumentation. A bassline that's classy and somewhat funky. There's so much to digest. The interplay between the trumpet like bassline and brass instrumentation is worth hearing in itself.

Although the song is filled with lots of melodies and different sections everything fits together so well.

Great lyrics and vocals too.

Another winner from the JohnBee songbook.

The only downside with this is that i'm once again trapped in this music player :)

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Johnbee

Quote from: Zoltan on March 16, 2024, 04:08:12 PMIt's midnight and that's the right time to hear this song (again).

Beautifully arranged instrumentation. A bassline that's classy and somewhat funky. There's so much to digest. The interplay between the trumpet like bassline and brass instrumentation is worth hearing in itself.

Although the song is filled with lots of melodies and different sections everything fits together so well.

Great lyrics and vocals too.

Another winner from the JohnBee songbook.

The only downside with this is that i'm once again trapped in this music player :)

Thanks for getting to this, Zol, and your kind words.

:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

AndyR

Another cool song. Love your arrangements.
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1