Filthy Liars (Destination Insanity)

Started by StephenM, March 05, 2024, 04:30:39 AM

StephenM

Filthy Liars
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I had this track that rocked pretty hard... very kind of 60's and a bit punk.. sort of like the Trogs on steroids maybe... the drums are a bit garage... or very bit garage.

but i got the idea to take the lyrics and send them to Mike to sing.  Which I think he killed the vocal.. so much better than me... because he can bring the angst way better imo.  This song really needed that to get the intended impact so thanks a bunch Mike for that.

Also Mike added two panned grungy rhythm guitars over and a lead..

Boo hoo! Cry me a river. You walked to school in snow a foot deep. 2 miles uphill each way. Ya did what you were told.

You look them in the eye.

You never let them see you cry.

You hold on with all your might.

You never show any fright.

You received the board of education on your backsides. Sometimes it was enough to make you run and hide. Or to stand up strong in defiance.

You see this bird? It says you're number 1. You are still a baby sucking your thumb. Should I mention those other parts you make your pacifiers? That is enough you filthy liars.

I own mine. I've done wrong. Sometimes I even sang along to your evil song. Now I have turned away from your fake decency. I'll not give you anymore sympathy.
filthy liars 1.jpg

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Farrell Jackson

This turned out great Stephen and Mike! The guitars rock the house and Mike's vocal delivery, delivers the goods! Excellent songwriting and lyrical concept Stephen! I'm on my second listen...
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Johnbee

I think the Troggs is a good comparison.  It would fit into either 60s, 70s or even 80s in different ways.  The guitar work and vocals are killer.

:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

Ted

Are you Troggin' crazy? This has a great proto-punk sound, but not quite that proto. I'm thinking of the Velvet Underground, The Stooges, the MC5, etc. Even the production has the feel of those recordings, where the engineer wasn't quite sure what to do with a band that sounded like this raw. Good stuff!

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Zoltan

Yeah, i think them dudes are old school! Proto and pronto in the same sencence!(*

Bonus points for the inspired use of Ai graphics :)

(* I have zero idea of what that means... Let's call it poetry!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Ray Brookes

Great track, guys. Guitars and vocals sound brill.
Ray Brookes