Ninety Miles of Highway

Started by Ron D Bowes, March 04, 2024, 03:54:23 PM

Ron D Bowes

Ninety Miles of Highway
Time:
0:00
Volume:
This went through a few transormations, till I thought "Sod it! Let's just have fun and indulge myself!"

NINETY MILES OF HIGHWAY

Well, I'm doin' a ton
In a stolen ride
We got a tank full of gas, but we've nowhere to hide
The cops are tailing
And they ain't far
We got ninety miles before we dump this car

The cops they wanna fill us full of lead
We got ninety miles of highway up ahead

The guys and me
We hit a bank
We shot a man and he has me to thank
Now, we got a new motor
Just as needs must
We get inside, you won't see us for dust

I'm burning rubber
With a need for speed
Gonna make this motor vehicle really bleed
So it's do or die
No turning back
Gonna try and give the cops a heart attack

Ted

I imagined you – literally you – in a not-so-great car tearing across Australia in a straight line. And thinking, this isn't going to end well. Which is a great thing about the song: You provide a lot of information for the imagination, but you don't tell the whole story.

And then you made me (dumb American) curious about miles. Some units of measure have different definitions depending on the country (e.g.: Gallons, Tons, Pounds, Ounces, Cups, Quarts, Pints, Inches, Feet, Yards.)

Is an Australian mile the same as an American mile?

In case anyone else was wondering: Yes.

Quote from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mile#InternationalThe international mile is precisely equal to 1.609344 km (or 25146/15625 km as a fraction). It was established as part of the 1959 international yard and pound agreement reached by the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and the Union of South Africa, which resolved small but measurable differences that had arisen from separate physical standards each country had maintained for the yard. As with the earlier statute mile, it continues to comprise 1,760 yards or 5,280 feet.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Pete C

Great classic rock and a classic rock subject..burning rubber and gasoline. Got me thinking whether future generations will be writing songs about escaping in an electric car, suffering range anxiety and looking for a charging point ??

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

Ted

Quote from: Pete C on March 05, 2024, 01:03:09 AMfuture generations will be writing songs about escaping in an electric car, suffering range anxiety and looking for a charging point

Optimist.

I imagine songs about escaping on foot from the oligarchs' private security forces, hoping not to be captured and taken to a doomsday bunker and enslaved, tortured, raped, eaten, etc. As a countermeasure, the oligarchs will use advanced AI to lure people with songs that promise refuge and security. Damn. That's a song idea right there. Have we had a Doomsday Fest?
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Pete C

Quote from: Ted on March 05, 2024, 04:03:31 AMOptimist.

I imagine songs about escaping on foot from the oligarchs' private security forces, hoping not to be captured and taken to a doomsday bunker and enslaved, tortured, raped, eaten, etc. As a countermeasure, the oligarchs will use advanced AI to lure people with songs that promise refuge and security. Damn. That's a song idea right there. Have we had a Doomsday Fest?

You're probably more correct Ted. We'll all be entrapped in our 15 minute cities, watching the elites driving past. And no doubt, they'll still be able to drive gas-guzzlers.
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

StephenM

Doomsday fest on Ted..

I have been binge listening to this. 

I love the guitar on the turn arounds especially.  this is so satisfying to my rock and roll cravings..
reminds me of a band I saw Saturday night.. lets just say I got a wee bit rowdy.
but no cops were called and no bouncers came so I can hold my head high.  And I know what I did and did not do...
but hey this is another one that i will add to my phone list so when I run I will really have good reason too...
I am literally being chased and there is 90 miles ahead.
this will be revisted.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Farrell Jackson

This is such a great listen, Ron, It checks all the rock 'n roll boxes for me! Here's what I wrote about it on another site; "A cool rocker Cuz! I was worried that you might have broken your hand or something because you haven't posted a new song in a few days, lol! This one rocks right along from start to finish. Good lyric concept with vocals to match. I really like the trade off lead guitars, panned left and right, on the outro...good stuff man!"
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Johnbee

Ol' Ronnie up to no good.  Shoot & robbing and burning rubber. What a great rocker!

:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

Ted

Quote from: Pete C on March 05, 2024, 04:33:33 AMWe'll all be entrapped in our 15 minute cities, watching the elites driving past.

You're in the neighborhood: "15-Minute City" Conspiracies Have It Backwards
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Ray Brookes

Oh yeah, here's Rockin' Ron with another great driving track. All the best ingredients one would ever want in a rock song - heavy guitars, great soloing and a solid engine room (drums & bass)
Ray Brookes