Dire Straites Sultans of Swing covered by Jean Pierre Girbon & Cornee de Boer

Started by the physics teacher, March 03, 2024, 12:24:00 PM

the physics teacher

SULTAN swing render MP3 snelheid 105 procent goed ingekort-soundcrafters
Time:
0:00
Volume:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpu5Y7h4QAA
We proudly present a cover of Sultans of Swing with Jean Pierre on the dobro and the physics teacher on vocals.
I bought myself a microphone plop filter and a microphone booth see video half way.
Bob the guy I did Sant Tropez with from Pink Floyd advisded me to buy one so I did.
The microphone is a shure sm58.
I find the dobro play of JP extraordinair.
I do have an elektic bass and guitar, i do have an acoustic guitar. I even have a keyboard and a Roland drum set What I seem to miss is skills. So to cure my at least 40y frustration I dicovered my instrument being my voice. So I finaly had the nerve to take singing lessons and make my voice heared thanks to Songcrafters.

Farrell Jackson

A cool version of The Sultan's of Swing, Cornee and JP! When I saw that JP played the dobro to this I was skeptical on how it would sound but when the first note played and on out it shined like a bright star! Well done on the vocal performance, Cornee!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Jean Pierre

Thank you Corné for covering my version of sultan of swing...you sing it very well!

...yes Farrell it was a real challenge to cover the lead guitar on the dobro but I had an excellent model on YT...
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

karl1171

TPB

Fine vocal and Jean to do this on the dobro is just outstanding
Bravo
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

StephenM

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Ted

Very nice collaboration. It could use a melodica solo.  ;D

The dobro does sound great on this song. TPT, did you record everything but the dobro? And is that an actual photo of your music workstation on the second half of the video (with the new pop filter)?
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

the physics teacher

Yes thatvis the actual situation I recorded my voice with toghter with the instrumental track from JP.
I am aware that the direction of the mic is wrong and I am thinking of making a hole to stick the xlairplug in the mic from behind the screen(rear). Or i wil let the mic stick out of the screen area at the front
I do have an elektic bass and guitar, i do have an acoustic guitar. I even have a keyboard and a Roland drum set What I seem to miss is skills. So to cure my at least 40y frustration I dicovered my instrument being my voice. So I finaly had the nerve to take singing lessons and make my voice heared thanks to Songcrafters.

ODH

Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Groundy

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs