Voyager (Darren G - instrumental)

Started by DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee, March 03, 2024, 06:01:01 AM

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

Voyager
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I read a story about NASA voyagers' golden record, which they sent into space in the 1970's. which had all sorts of music and information on it about earth incase other intelligent life ever found it.
I tried to envisage voyagers journey through space in the music.

I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

thetworegs

an excellent instrumental Darren throughly enjoyed I'm sure I blasted of there for a while

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Ted

This sounds like the throbbing music that would play over the credits at the end of a futuristic action movie – particularly a movie where something huge and ominous is unresolved. As you brush the popcorn crumbs off your pants, you know there's going to be a sequel. Super fat, and it sounds great in headphones.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

chapperz66

Very cinematic.  Zimmer would not be disappointed.  Really cool stuff.  I agree, it sounds great through cans.

Paul

Ray Brookes

These soundscapes you create are always sensational, Darren. When I read the description I was sort of expecting a soft synth pad spacey sound but this is unique with that driving beat giving the whole track a sinister vibe. Great work and up there with Hans Zimmer.
Ray Brookes

karl1171

Very impressive and purposeful. It puts me in mind of Battle Without Honor or Humanity

StephenM

You rock man...

I am blown away by your synth work... however I know and we know that you are way more than that... this is just one of your hobbies... you can also play some mean guitar and bass... and are a fantastic producer.

I love that subtle voice that comes in around 1:06..
they should swoop you right up for the industry.  Makes me wonder what you actually do for real... this makes me think you might work for MI6

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Johnbee

Futuristic. Closing credits rolling.  Would be great for a Nasa documentary or maybe a Sci Fi flick.

:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

Bluesberry

One more song listen before I gotta go out for a bit.......driving and groovy....full of atmosphere...yup, I like it ...perfect production...it's got a bit of the Brian Eno sparkle and feel about it...you could almost put a Bowie-ish wailing vocal over this and it would sound great

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

StephenM

Quote from: Bluesberry on March 06, 2024, 11:40:35 AMOne more song listen before I gotta go out for a bit.......driving and groovy....full of atmosphere...yup, I like it ...perfect production...it's got a bit of the Brian Eno sparkle and feel about it...you could almost put a Bowie-ish wailing vocal over this and it would sound great

I could hear Pipes on this.... a little scoop out and inject some Pipes in there!  This is so big.... the Synthmaster...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner