Whipporwill Call (It's Time To Fall)

Started by StephenM, March 02, 2024, 03:39:33 PM

StephenM

Whipporwill Call (It's Time To Fall)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I did this completely on the BR1600CD so it is a bit rough... as if all my stuff isn't.  This is 4 guitars... 3 with my almost free Jay Turser strat.  1 with the HB.  I used only the onboard effects and actually recorded the guitar parts a whole bunch of times primarily due to problems with intonation on the cheap guitars, but I cheat a bit to get around it... like the parts what were real bad get some good heavy rectifier fuzz over it.
This is a serious song... I had no idea I would get here but I have a bunch of concerns on my mind about our country, about our world... and I look in the mirror it's on me too...
but I ain't gonna let it get me down... because at the end of the day I believe Love prevails...
the only thing I did off the BR was take the stereo mix out to the Zoom and then master it in Audacity using some tools there and Masterdesk True Peak.

I will post the lyrics soon

[url="https://songcrafters.org/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;attach=196137;type=preview;file"]Whipporwill Call (It's Time To Fall).mp3[/url]

How long halt ye, between two opinions?  What are  you gonna do?  Who is your master.  Try to avoid your next disaster.  Whipporwill call it's nothing at all.  Just another signal it's time to fall.  Shoot another basket and dunk another ball and try real hard to score some fentanyl. 
Whipporwill call it's nothing at all.  Just another signal it's time to fall. 
Does the anchor hold behind the veil?  Are you certain about love and hate?  Can you see the truth, through all the lies?  The streets are flooded with people who don't care.  Accountable to none.  Do what ya feel cuz nothing is right.  It's your life so waste it if you like. 
Whipporwill call that's nothing at all.  Just another signal it's time to fall.  Shoot another basket, dunk another ball.   It ain't to hard to score some fentanyl.  Whipporwill call it's nothing at all.  Just another signal it's time to fall. 
cuz afterall you ain't worth nothin, if you ain't got millions.  So shut your mouth.  You want something to eat?  yeah.  There's a dumpster down the street. 
Just ask us we'll show you, there's no God at all.  700 million dollar yachts, litter the harbor but where is the love? 
Whipporwill call it's nothing at all... Just another signal it's time to fall.  Shoot another basket dunk another ball... try real hard to score some fentanyl. 

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

StephenM

you want something to eat?  there's a dumpster down the street.

energy toward all you.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24

Farrell Jackson

Stephen you did good with your BR1600 and the almost free Jay Turser Strat! The doubled vocals is giving off a Neil Young vibe to my ears, especially in the chorus with the guitar riffing in the background. I'm sensing there are some heavy thoughts hidden deep in the lyrics. A good one!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

chapperz66

The doubled vocals are spot on.  And the guitars sound great - whatever the cost!

Paul

Ray Brookes

I understand the concerns expressed in this song, Stephen and the song is well written. The doubling of the vocal works well and those guitar lines sound great.
Ray Brookes

Zoltan

This is a good one. Real songwriting with real intent. Bravo!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Ted

This is seriously catchy – serious and catchy! There's less madness than usual: Stephen sells out!

I think the production is really good. I like the panicked spaz guitar on the left as the song fades out.

I was only vaguely familiar with references to the whip-poor-will in art and literature: Hank Williams, Mark Twain, etc. But I didn't really know what the bird symbolized, so I looked it up and filled that gap in my cultural literacy.

Quote from: https://abcbirds.org/bird/eastern-whip-poor-will/One New England legend says the Whip-poor-will can sense a person's soul departing, and capture it as it leaves. Native American lore considered the singing of these birds a death omen.

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

StephenM

Quote from: Ted on March 04, 2024, 01:44:13 AMThis is seriously catchy – serious and catchy! There's less madness than usual: Stephen sells out!

I think the production is really good. I like the panicked spaz guitar on the left as the song fades out.

I was only vaguely familiar with references to the whip-poor-will in art and literature: Hank Williams, Mark Twain, etc. But I didn't really know what the bird symbolized, so I looked it up and filled that gap in my cultural literacy.

Quote from: https://abcbirds.org/bird/eastern-whip-poor-will/One New England legend says the Whip-poor-will can sense a person's soul departing, and capture it as it leaves. Native American lore considered the singing of these birds a death omen.

another thing I love about SC is the things I learn... I may have heard this before Ted.. so learning about mixing, recording, and other things... it is like belonging to a musical encyclopedia club or something... for the madness of the internet I think overall it's a good thing.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24

Ted

Quote from: StephenM on March 04, 2024, 05:04:19 AManother thing I love about SC is the things I learn... I may have heard this before Ted..

Wait. So what does the whip-poor-will call mean to you? I assumed that "omen of death" (i.e. societal breakdown and decay) was exactly what you meant. It fits the theme of the song.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Groundy

Well written, well performed, well done.
Love it Stephen.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs