A really stupid 'help' idea?

Started by StevieM, June 30, 2009, 02:16:38 PM

StevieM

This is probably a REALLY stupid idea, but it's been rattling round with the single marble I've got left for a little while.
This is such a great place if anyone needs help with Music/the BR/ occasional PC probs and stuff, but what about errr---ummmm--- dare I mention, normal things?
I suppose what I'm trying to say is, how about a list, or room, or something, where anyone that knows anything about anything can say what they can help with? You know, like if someone's a mechanic, or lawyer, or, or, whatever. Or maybe somewhere  these sorts of things can be asked without clogging up the music side of things ( and probably getting lost and not seen before they've been answered)
Maybe this could be intruding into people's personal life a bit much?? I don't know.
What're others feelings on this? If you think I'm totally off the wall and out of order, that's fine, just say so, I can take it ;D
I always say, if I can leave somebody happy and smiling at the end of the day-----I've completely f*cked up!!

Blooby

As the board stands now, I think if somebody had a specific question/rpoblem and posted it in "general," others would rush to help if they could.  Lot of nice folks around here.

Blooby

StevieM

Yeh, I know that, but I think I'd feel pretty stupid asking about a problem with black bugs and curly leaves on my Plum tree ( which I've got, by the way, so If anyone???? ;D), and stuff like that. And there may be some folks who'll think "What the fu*k is a question like that doing on here?".
So Maybe???
I always say, if I can leave somebody happy and smiling at the end of the day-----I've completely f*cked up!!

Wiley

Well Stevie M is was no different than the cats sh*****ing in your garden and you got lots of input on that. LOL  I don't know why you would worry about  black bugs.  Not near as bad as cat poop.

guitarron

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

StevieM

Ok, you're all right. Told you it was a stupid idea :-[     BUT---- you haven't seen the things I might post yet, you may regret saying that!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

PJ---- I felt pretty dumb asking about the cats at all, but was at my wits end with the little bastar, errrr, cute cuddly wee things >:(. I can tell you, it's not nice having black bugs and lumpy bits on your plums!

64Guitars

Quote from: StevieM on July 01, 2009, 11:57:17 AMit's not nice having black bugs and lumpy bits on your plums!

You ought to see a doctor about that!   ;)

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

StevieM

I would, but the state of the health service being the way it is, he'd probably tell me to ask on the forum ;D

Sprocket

Quote from: StevieM on July 01, 2009, 11:57:17 AMOk, you're all right. Told you it was a stupid idea :-[     BUT---- you haven't seen the things I might post yet, you may regret saying that!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Im almost looking forward to these posts of yours.  :D
You cant tease us and not post/ask now.  :-\

Im almost certain the plum question was an easy one for you to ask...lets hear the others now.

BTW soapy water is a good mild insect deterrent...you might try that first.

StevieM

Tried soapy water, but there's just too many of the little buggers.
 Do you know how that works, by the way? It makes the plant all  slippery, so they fall off, break their legs and can't climb back again!!  ;)

Ok, you asked for it --------------- Nope, I'll keep you guessing for a while ;D ;D ;D