Love's Made a Fool of You, Buddy Holly

Started by Jean Pierre, March 01, 2024, 09:08:05 AM

Jean Pierre

LOVES MADE FOOL OF YOU-001
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I stay in the same era "le petit bal perdu" by Bourvil 1960 to "Love's made a Foll of You by Buddy Holly 1958,

...same era but not quite the same musical atmosphere ;D

I've looked...I don't think this Buddy Holly song has been covered on SC
clone Harley Benton
JP guitars (telecaster Clone Harley Benton,Electric 12 strings Harley Benton ,precision bass clone Harley Benton (je devrais etre endorsé par Harley Benton  ;D  ) chant

..and drums BIAB
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

StephenM

this is so wonderful... authentic 60's with a bit more flash.

love that lead guitar too JP.  I love 60's

c'est tellement merveilleux... authentiques années 60 avec un peu plus de flash.

J'adore aussi cette guitare solo JP. j'adore les années 60

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Ted

But... but... no accordion or melodica!

Love the 50's guitar leads. Sounds great!

Would you like me to dirty it up and make it sound like it was recorded in the 1950s (like I did for this song)? I still have my scratchy record MP3.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

StephenM

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Farrell Jackson

A real good rendition of this song JP! You have nailed that late 50's sound. Great era perfect guitar fills and soloing.
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Jean Pierre

QuoteBut... but... no accordion or melodica!

;D no, sorry but..."d'ailleurs j'ai horreur de la valse musette et de l'accordeon"  (citation Jacques Brel in the song "Vesoul")

I clicked on the "be my love" link - great!
is this the master you'd like to try running through your effects chain? or the voice?

thank you Stephen and Farrell your attention is always much appreciated

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Ted

Quote from: Jean Pierre on March 02, 2024, 08:35:56 AMis this the master you'd like to try running through your effects chain? or the voice?

I just did that to the MP3 that was posted to the song. I could do the same, with your consent. It doesn't take very long.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Groundy

Brilliant, JP, never heard this one before, great vox great playing.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Jean Pierre

thank you Alex and please give us some music..

des0free

I've listened to a number of Buddy Holly covers by you, and this is high quality like the rest. Somehow I don't know this song, although I've love Buddy and have listened to many, but this is a great song that will now enter my vocabulary. You have done an especially great job on the lead electric guitar and multi vocals. Nothing on the modern radio today competes with traditional rock n' roll of the 50s and 60s!  Keep posting great classics!
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR