Right In Front of Me

Started by GingerBassman, February 29, 2024, 02:52:14 PM

Hi folks. Thanks for all the feedback. Very encouraging and you've made me want to crack on and finish it off. I'll post a version when I've got it where I want it. G.

Ray Brookes

Welcome, Graham and a cool song to introduce yourself. Sure enough, the drums are clipping a little, mostly the kick drum but apart from that looking forward to the finished product.
Ray Brookes

Right In Front of Me (18) (1)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Ok, folks. It's taken a while but I've got the rest of the track down; written a bridge; sorted the clipping and retracked my vocal. The 2nd vocal part is going to be replaced by our bands female singer when we get a chance to record it.

Let me know what you think and thanks for all your feedback!

SteveB

GingerB. I would say that this definitely has potential, dependent on where you want to take the track. I'd shorten the intro, unless you are going to mix-in some other element, because given that the same refrain/motif appears quite a lot in the body of the song it can become overly repetitive and drag momentum. I can understand where you will be adding a 'refrain vocal', I've tried to do it myself, and that's where I think the potential of the track lies. There are some powerful elements here which I think you can exploit. I have to say that I've only listened in mono but it's easy to acknowledge that there is good work presented here. Good luck.
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

Pete C

Coming along nicely Graham ! Much cleaner recording now and I love the bass line and the tone! Looking forward to hearing the next step.

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

Thanks, Pete.
That's a P bass wearing flatwound ADAGIO 45-100 strings. Running it through a Zoom B3 pedal with an amp sim, some EQ and compression. Sounds mint 😍