Right In Front of Me

Started by GingerBassman, February 29, 2024, 02:52:14 PM

RightInFrontOfMe-Demo
Time:
0:00
Volume:
***I've added an updated version on the second page of comments***

Hi folks,

This is my very first submission, so please be kind  :)

I've been working on this original.

It's not finished. It's not complete. It needs the vocals redoing (I was full of a cold when I tracked them).

I just thought I'd upload it and see what sort of reaction it got.

Cheers, Graham.

Zoltan

Hi there,

This sounds like a very good pop song in the making. There are lots of catchy ideas and melodic motifs.

The drum machine is distorting a bit so i guess things are pushing on red.

You've already got most of the song together. Now it's just a case of finessing things up.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

StephenM

love that keyboard... catchy as heck.

would agree with Zoltan on the drums or something driving into clipping a touch.

the song is cool as hell... the star is the lyric and the vocal delivery... that vocal delivery is intense.  Straight from the soul.  That is a major winner for me. 

stick around... this site has folks that will help you figure out your mixes... bravo

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Johnbee

Needs more development but a great place to start.  I really like the lyrics.  Clever!
Welcome!

:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

cuthbert

Hey Graham, welcome!

Your vocals sound great to my ears. One small suggestion I'd make is to try making your extra vocal parts (the call and response-style) sound a bit different from the lead vocal - using a different pan setting, lowering the level, or adding reverb or some other effect - just to set it apart better from the lead vocal.

Otherwise, I'd agree with the others comments up to now - some small tweaks to get the instrumental parts in a better balance. But keep your lead vocal as the focal point - you've got a great voice.

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

Welcome to the site. :)
I like the song. It's got good structure to it.
Nice piano melody. For a demo it's good.
Nice lyrics and vocals too.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Ted

Welcome to the friendliest site on the internet, you talented sonofa...

That's a sweet demo. As a red-headed bassist, I approve. As a fan of Elvis Costello, the timbre and the inflection on that first line grabbed my attention. Can't wait to hear this one as it develops.

Don't forget to introduce yourself here:
https://songcrafters.org/forum/index.php?board=46.0
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

karl1171

The song sounds pretty good. As you've said it needs a bit of tidying up and maybe some germ free vocals ;D

Looking forward to the final version!

Farrell Jackson

Welcome to Songcrafters, Graham! As others have said, you've got a really good start here. I can hear the potential. Tidy up the vocals with a healthy voice and conquer the mild clipping. Those are the first things I would recommend tackling.
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Pete C

Welcome to the site Graham !

It's got the making of a good song, a catchy piano hook, nice bass work and  your vocals remind me of Elvis Costello too. Hope you post another version when it's finished!

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800