Eeny, Meeny, Miny, Moe

Started by Zoltan, February 26, 2024, 01:05:14 PM

Johnbee

Second mix sounds cleaner.  Terrific rocker!  (Who's Moe?)

;) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

hardlock

You nailed it! Great piece of work! 8)
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

StephenM

after reading all the comments about a 2nd mix (I don't see any other mix, which means it was probably put at the top and then deleted?)...

either way, whatever is at the top sounds aurably delicious to me.

all the talk about velocity strikes and sampling got me reaching for a box of Whitmans chocolate samplers real fast!  This sounds good while eating a cherry cordial!

The voice is so cool.  it is almost believeable but I also know this guy is playing us!
love the bass guitar...

yeah, you know how to produce... then the ending sounds like something from a movie that I would find a good bit unsettling

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

SE

Great stuff, just lots to like, driven along with the bass, great lyrics and vox too, cool stuff,  loved it!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

kenny mac

Excellent, probably one of my favourites from you.
Excellent rocking tune,sounds great in my car.
Well done.

des0free

Very nice.  Could easily have been a song in heavy rotation on the radio in the 80s. Or could be the soundtrack on a dark offshoot of the Breakfast club starring the irreverent "burn out" kid, the one who particularly pissed off the teacher supervising the weekend detention. 
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

Another fabulous song zoltan. It's got an 80's synth, rock vibe which I guess you were going for?
Kind of reminded me of some of the Gary numan tracks from the 70's/80's.
I like the idea for the basis of the song too. I wouldn't want to be a teenager again haha.
Great music and vocals are great.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Bluesberry

Fantastic bit of black art songcrafting.....smoothly menacing as Steve pointed out.....tape wounds...even the thought of your bass strings all bound and wound up in tape sounds menacing...im getting some menacing images forming in my brain as I listen .....I don't even want to know about the friend Mo....or maybe we need a song about this mysterious Mo character...what's his backstory? Do I even want that much information....yes, damnit I do...very effective and wonderful song

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand