Peace Be STill (It Is Well)

Started by StephenM, February 25, 2024, 05:19:56 PM

StephenM

Peace Be Still (It Is Well) the final mix.
Time:
0:00
Volume:
a piece I started 23 days ago... I could do more... i could do less. 

the bass solo i copied and made it a bit more interesting and nice.  1 guitar track.. one bass... one voice. 

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

ODH

There's more than a little Slash in the guitar playing. Good work
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Ted

Quote from: StephenM on February 25, 2024, 05:19:56 PMI could do more... i could do less. 

1 guitar track.. one bass... one voice. 

Don't forget to credit the drummer!

This is an interesting minimalist piece. The lyrics get off to a silly start, and then transition deep into earnest territory.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Zoltan

Quote from: ODH on February 25, 2024, 11:44:01 PMhere's more than a little Slash in the guitar playing

I can hear that too... And i still think Mighty Steph ain't influenced by that hat wearing trickster!

Perhaps old Lashy copped a few licks from S? Stranger Things have happened (now on Season 3!).

That drumming really adds a lot to this. Classic rock with ageless quality to it. An ode to real playing and instrumentation. A meditation.

I would wave a lighter in the air, but i'm worried the curtains might catch a fire.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Farrell Jackson

I was expecting something different but this mellow, moody beauty started to play and I was hooked. Cool Stephen!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Ray Brookes

Dark and sinister yet beautiful at the same time. The minimalistic accompaniment works just right for this moody song and very nicely produced.
Ray Brookes

hardlock

recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

des0free

Nice job!  Is tough to do low tempo songs.  It feels a bit like a cross between Neil Young and Pink Floyd, which is cool
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

This is a different style for you and I like it.
I like all the stuff you do. I don't know how you find the time to create such pieces. It's great you do though and share them.
I like the slow paced style. Great subtle music throughout. The guitars in the background sound just right.
Great whispering lyrics. Nicely done Stephen.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.