Don't Take it Out on Me

Started by Ron D Bowes, February 24, 2024, 08:56:56 AM

Ron D Bowes

Don't Take It Out On Me
Time:
0:00
Volume:
You know how it is. Couldn't sleep one night and I had written this chorus in my head and had to go down to the studio and get some of it down.

Sally my custom guitar through MG10 amp using overdrive and pedal for second rythym guitar. Bass put through Vandal amp plug in. Blues harp through vocal mic with distortion pedal. Vocals through a tube amp - rough vocals plug in.

Don't Take it Out on Me

We got no money
We ain't got a smoke
You think that I'm a loser
Think that I'm a joke
You know that bad luck follows me around
But that ain't my fault
I didn't let you down

Don't let it get ya
Just let it be
Don't vent your anger
Don't take it out on me

Cops caught me speeding
Doing eighty nine
I better get a job, so I can pay the fine
Looking at the menu
The chicken's off
That is your favourite dish
You say "Enough's enough!"

Don't let it get ya
Just let it be
Don't vent your anger
Don't take it out on me

I give you everything I've got
I'm just so sad it ain't a lot
You can't say I never try
I do my best so we get by

Don't let it get ya
Just let it be
Don't vent your anger
Don't take it out on me

Ain't got no whiskey
Ain't got no gin
All I got is water
Ain't that a sin?

Don't let it get ya
Just let it be
Don't vent your anger
Don't take it out on me
Don't let it get ya
Just let it be
Don't vent your anger
Don't take it out on me

We got no money
We ain't got a smoke
You think that I'm a loser
You think that I'm a joke
You knew that bad luck never lets me be
Don't let it get to you
Don't take it out on me

TPB

A little blues goodness in the afternoon is always a good thing started listening at volume 5 by the end of the song had it cranked up On-The-Go monster speakers nice ear worm candy
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Ray Brookes

Love these rocking tracks you do so well, Ron. Production is first class along with the instrumentation and vocal work. I like the FX on your vocal in that one section and the fade out with the harp works great.
Ray Brookes

hardlock

Killer blues - can relate to the lyrics for sure. Nicely done! 8)
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

This is a real rocker, Ron. The drums sound amazing. the guitars are so good, that riff is contagious.
Brilliant lyrics and vocals. Cool blues style.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Farrell Jackson

You might as well face it Ron, you're a rock 'n roll insomniac. I would stay wake if I could come up with good rockers like this one! I like the boost when the second guitar comes in. Good words, good vocals, and especially good bluesy harp work!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Ted

Quote from: Farrell Jackson on February 25, 2024, 07:39:06 AMYou might as well face it Ron, you're a rock 'n roll insomniac.

That's a lyric right there.

Are you familiar with Todd Snider? He's one of my favorite songwriters. This doesn't sound like one of his songs, but he often writes from the perspective of characters who other people would consider "losers" and he makes you like the characters. Well done, in other words!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

StephenM

Quote from: Farrell Jackson on February 25, 2024, 07:39:06 AMRon, you're a rock 'n roll insomniac.

a rock and roll maniac!  if you rearrange the letters...  I really liked the quote.. the harmonica works although I found it very unexpected... I thought a lead friggin guitar was gonna get us... also that lead was way wayway too short...
way to short.  way too short... however it is supposed to be said.  WAY TOO SHORT!

killer tune... for us, for me I am glad you couldn't sleep.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Zoltan

Quote from: Ted on February 25, 2024, 09:09:58 AMYou might as well face it Ron, you're a rock 'n roll insomniac.

You hit the nail on the head :) I can imagine the music video for this. Ron singing it with heavy baggy eyes and messed up hair. And just when the outro fade starts, the men in white would be carrying Ron away for a short holiday in the ward. All the while Ron would just keep on playing that mean harmonica.

That's the kind of imaginery this kind of a mean and mighty rocker can conjure up!

Sometimes sleep is best left for... sleepy (?).
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

StephenM

Quote from: Zoltan on February 28, 2024, 03:16:08 AMAnd just when the outro fade starts, the men in white would be carrying Ron away for a short holiday in the ward. All the while Ron would just keep on playing that mean harmonica.

swooped in for another listen or 10.

yeah... a cool video would work on this.  The song kicks ass.. I could see Toya all over this one.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner