BR1600 CD disk issue

Started by BadMonkeyMusic, February 22, 2024, 12:37:40 PM

Hey all,

If you read my initial post about looping issues, I think it was my fault, but anyway...

The issue is that every single disk I burn with my loops I wanna use, comes up with "wrong" disk error when using the "loop phrase i,port" button.

I have used the recommended write setting for the files, Format: WAV or AIFF Sample Rate: 44.1kHz
Bit Depth: 16 bit, and the correct CD-R (memorex)
Other buttons under the CD-R/RW area work, so I don't know why the loop import won't.

HAs anyone had this issue? I can't seem to find anything online about it.

Thanks for any input you can share!

Woodlake

Ideally, use a re writable CD if you have one, so that you can try a few different settings without wasting discs and just re use it over again as much as you like.
You MUST format the CD (in whatever software you are using to create the CD) as IS0 9660 Level 2, Mode 1 for it to be recognized by the BR1600.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Reaper

Thanks for the reply, but I figured that part out...
The software was changing from a WAV to something else, I ended up converting it back to an AIFF and it uploaded right up...

But... hahaaa
I can't get it to loop, no matter what I do.
I'm starting to hate this thing HAHAHAA

But I have recorded some stuff with it the old fashioned way like DI and mic'amps, using just its drum patterns.

Woodlake

Good to hear you got the CD burning issues sorted.

Regarding looping - you have two options:
You can either import the audio to a track and then copy the "loop" section x amount of times (using the Track Copy function), or import the audio as a loop (Loop Phrase Import) and then create a rhythm arrangement using the loop.
recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Reaper