"I'm not sure if you can get a hold of me" a Geir original

Started by Geir, February 22, 2024, 11:25:37 AM

Geir

Geir - I'm not sure if you can get a hold of me (1)-Mastered
Time:
0:00
Volume:
This is a weird one .... even for me

It started out as some noodling on a cello patch when I was watching a movie (I often do that ... play along either on guitar or keyboard when watching something). The patch was quite dynamic so I got the idea to run i through a big muff (well actually big stuff by nembrini but you get the drift) to see if I could train my fingers to play more delicately .... turns out I could  ;D

I needed something to play it over ... so I made a track with a couple of cellos (clean) added some drums and a simple bass guitar track. Something was missing .... I grabbed an old app I hadn't  used in a while, a granular synth. Modified a patch I had made some years ago based on a recording of my grandson at about 1 year old. (The sound ended up sounding like some weird birds or ghosts...). After recording the lead I still felt something was missing so I added another bass guitar track following the drums.

I don't expect many will listen to this a lot, but those who do should try it in a dark quiet room at rather high volume for best effect!

Oh yeah .... this one is entirely created on an iPad using a couple of Korg apps + GranularScience in Cubasis. M-Audio key station mini 32 as midi input device for all instruments played. No quantisation was done on this one.

Enjoy..... or not

Cheers
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Ted

On my fourth listen now, with headphones, loud. This really evokes some images – the "nature" atmospherics – not sure if what I'm seeing is in the past or the future. I want to go smoke something and listen to this again, then I'll know for sure.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

cuthbert

I'm not hearing anything especially weird here (but then again, I might be considered a bit weird myself) - I hear something more like a tone poem, one with a wide and dynamic scope. Digging those odd bird sounds, too...

Very cinematic!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

This is amazing. Such a great soundscape. I tried it with my eyes closed ,volume up. Very relaxing.
It's impressive it was recorded on the iPad.
I love those cello/ synth sounds. The drums are great and the bird sounds. This should be in a film. Very cool.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Zoltan

This is not weird. This is cinematic thing of a beauty! There are too many birds singing for me to start imagining the norwegian wilderness. But perhaps with the climate change things will go towards this direction...

Cool is the operative word here.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

SE

Cool nordic cinema scape that works so well.
Cello, bass and drums  work  so well this going to be  downloaded for further appreciation.
Always glad to hear you're work!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

StephenM

I don't find this weird... but then again

it is amazing though.  What I really like is how creative you got... certainly not like much else one might hear and that gets major points from me.

and it is all so well done.. so perfectly recorded and mixed... I admit I am listening with headphones as the house is quite occupied at the moment... but I will hear this some more later..
actually I think this could be a meditational piece.  it is very relaxing and leading to alpha brain waves.
everything is blue and green... sweet.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Farrell Jackson

This sounds wonderful and is very relaxing in my headphones. The cellos are amazing. I wish I could make music while watching a movie but all I can do is eat popcorn. Very nice Geir!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

hooper

Yes, wonderful with headphones! I find it a very pleasant and relaxing atmosphere but nothing boring about it.
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Boss Micro BR
'If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?' - TSE

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann