Strange Place

Started by SE, February 22, 2024, 11:23:37 AM

SE

Strange Place
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Had this for a couple of weeks then took some virus, so only felt like I could give this a go today,
BR 80 with a Strat and Behringer sa78 condenser mic, I use an external power source for the mic, cheap Chinese Neewer unit.
Five guitar tracks, three vocal and BR drums.

There,s a change but Ican't see it
There,s a way but I've lost it now
Heard scary stories of what been said
Kept at arms length in case it comes my way.

Living this strange place, hard to see the road ahead
Can't listen anymore,just do whats real

Heard the news, missed hope and understanding
Made a call to ask? Do we have to do this again
Gesturing and name calling
Let's share the blame, then talk  of why and when

Chorus

Can't tell who,s telling this story
Would it be better if you didn't listen
There,s good people everywhere that's just a fact
Not everyone is taking everything

Chorus/verse/Chorus/verse

recorder
Boss BR-80

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

Hope you're feeling better now. This sounds great. I like the nice layered guitars and the wurly keyboards.
Cool drums, really good vocals and lyrics. Wonderful production and playing too. Love the solo.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Geir

Oh this is all good.

I'm a big fan of your voice and it really shines here. And it's a really cool melodic song with some excellent playing.

Must ask .... did you use the strat as bass too through some guitar2bass patch?
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

SE

Hands up found out, strat with the bass sym on br80, just too lazy to break out the bass.
Thanks for the comments Darren and Geir!
recorder
Boss BR-80

Farrell Jackson

This is a really cool song SE! The organ sounds great. It almost has a Latin rock flavor...it must be the chords in the verses. I can hear your using the whammy on the sustaining chord endings and I like it! A tasty solo you've added. Nicely done!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

StephenM

big fan of everything you do... and this is really super great... a real radio rock tune...

the site needs some balance that you provide... you know what you are doing with these recordings.. it's Tm...
a trademark...

SoundEffect.... that guitar that sounds like an organ I especially like and mixed perfect.

vocals really pop... that is the mix.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Ted

Quote from: SE on February 22, 2024, 01:21:19 PMHands up found out, strat with the bass sym on br80,

Busted! I was going to compliment you on the bass. I suppose I still can. I've been tempted to do similarly with my SY-1 bass patches triggered by guitar. But since I identify as a bass player, the prospect filled me with too much shame.

It sounds very clean for a song with 5 guitars. Nice production.

Your lyrics capture the complexities of a tenuous situation: themes of resilience, hope, fear, and uncertainty. I like that the song does not provide a tidy conclusion.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Zoltan

Why am i not surprised of seeing a song titled "Strange Place" making an entrance on Songcrafters? :D

That vocal sound of yours. It's so effective. It has classic rock / pop quality to it. The playing ain't no slouch either. Those interweaving strat lines are a joy to hear. The same with the lead. It  goes for the melodies and is all the better for it.

A moody piece of pop (adult) rock. Ageless lyrics and tone. Well done SE!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Oldrottenhead

Gaun yersel John, great song loving the vox, gritty but polished. I need to come visit your hut again some time. Braw bro.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

hardlock

Great listen - nicely build song and presentation. Man your vocals rock! 8)
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure