A Case For The Sages (a Darren Gibbons and Stephen Moore Experience)

Started by StephenM, February 20, 2024, 06:13:40 PM

StephenM

A Case For The Sages
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I sent Darren a message about some keyboard tracks... as in ... if you have some that maybe you won't use but I could use... kind of thing.  and he sent me 5 tracks... this one I have been messing with for a while now... I really dig that synth that Darren does...

honestly... this reminds me of Saga... that Canadian band.  I loved them... this is not them exactly but the essence is very similar.... intense... intriguing .... challenging... doubtful... hopeful...
SAGA..

thanks Darren![url="https://songcrafters.org/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;attach=196072;type=preview;file"]A Case For The Sages.mp3[/url]

We don't need no verification... We don't need nursery rhymes.....Your sarcasm is etched on my mind.  A case for the ages.  A shrinks study sublime... a master thesis ... just give him a pill or a shot...don't fuckin worry he'll stop.... the grand illusion.... they're in collusion.. send in the mopeds... To clean up the greed. 

To succeed, you must stop that sinister Lot and his uncle Abraham...

now all the eyes see.  Raise up your mystery.  Raise up your hands and sing.  Now all the eyes see, behold the mystery.  Raise up your hands and sing. 

We don't need verification.  We don't need no nursery rhymes.  Sarcasm is etched on my mind.  He's a case for the ages.  A case for the sages.  A case for the sages.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Ted

This is the background music from an unreleased James Bond movie – featuring a scene where Bond (Sean Connery) is psychologically tortured by the villain Uncle Abraham (David Niven). Studio executives were worried about a possible R rating. Ultimately the film was shelved after some test audience members experienced seizures. It's a damn shame. The soundtrack would have been amazing.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

You know I was pleased with what you did with this Stephen, it's really creative what you've come up with, in your own inevitable style  :) I love the the guitar additions, your drums and of course the lyrics. Always love your lyrics..did you ad-lib?
Like I said before , we've created a a new genre..not sure what though haha.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Geir

!@013

Weird and manic but oh so cool.

Somehow what Ted said makes a lot of sense. But then he IS a smart guy.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Zoltan

Such manic energy and it hardly ever lets up.

I was slicing some fruits and had this on repeat. After hearing it for the 7th - 8th time i was gasping for air.

I did eventually learn the lyrics although my mind kept changing things... Like "shrimp study", "european is bigger" etc. :)

Overactive imagination running on hyperdrive.

These ain't the Doobie Brothers. They're more like Doobie Muthers!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

StephenM

Quote from: DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee on February 22, 2024, 01:06:39 PMYou know I was pleased with what you did with this Stephen, it's really creative what you've come up with, in your own inevitable style  :) I love the the guitar additions, your drums and of course the lyrics. Always love your lyrics..did you ad-lib?
Like I said before , we've created a a new genre..not sure what though haha.

generally I have a lyric idea, sometimes on paper, sometimes not.. I generally add things that come to mind as I let the shtuff flow...... I think I did the vocals maybe two possible 3 times...lol...
sort of based on emotions that I don't know what to do with so I put crazy words to make me feel better.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Bluesberry

Quote from: Zoltan on February 22, 2024, 03:32:45 PMI was slicing some fruits

Slicing some fruits....hilarious ......giggle, snort, chuckle........

Love this dudes........psychedelic garage synth rock.......totally original sounding.....

Slicing some fruits...damn that's got me laughing and snorting ....making me spill my afternoon coffee...

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Farrell Jackson

Bluesberry said it perfectly! "Love this dudes........psychedelic garage synth rock.......totally original sounding....." 

Those synths are wild Darren and so is Stephen's guitar, vocals and overall production work! You are wild and crazy guys!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

TPB

From the mind of Steve come physic madness love it brother
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away