Be My Lover

Started by jules metcalfe, February 20, 2024, 11:13:06 AM

Ted

Be My Lover Dirty
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Here's a dirty version. (Hope you don't mind, Jules.) I opened it in Audacity, and...

• EQ'd it like an AM radio station would
  • Added a dusty record track
  • Made it slightly off pitch
  • Compressed it to death
  • Added some clipping distortion
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Zoltan

Ted, you little dust finger! This sounds fab! :D
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

jules metcalfe

Tha
Quote from: Ted on February 26, 2024, 09:32:15 AMHere's a dirty version. (Hope you don't mind, Jules.) I opened it in Audacity, and...

• EQ'd it like an AM radio station would
  • Added a dusty record track
  • Made it slightly off pitch
  • Compressed it to death
  • Added some clipping distortion

Thanks Ted! This sounds fantastic!
Really appreciated!
Sounds proper real. Amazing. J
recorder
Boss BR-532

TPB

Sound great jamming to it while I am making the BBQ chicken
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Zoltan

I came for the umpteeth revisit. I think Ted is making slight of those who spent ages mixing separate tracks.

Damn... that turned out so good.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

karl1171

Great vocal and guitar playing. This is really what makes this track into an enjoyable listen!

Ted

Quote from: Zoltan on February 27, 2024, 04:17:57 AMI think Ted is making slight of those who spent ages mixing separate tracks.

I hope you don't really think that.

Reminder, Songcrafters: Always ask permission before you remix someone else's song. I failed to do that, because I didn't consider what I did a remix. Rather: I didn't think very hard about it. It obviously is a kind of remix. So thanks to Jules for being a good sport. (Otherwise my remix would have been culled by the administration.)

This is a really fun song, and I've listened to it about 15 times myself.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Zoltan

Quote from: Ted on February 27, 2024, 05:36:29 AMI hope you don't really think that.

Of course not! But i'm already using too many smileys so i'm trying to cut back :D

You did a wonderful job with the material. The original was already great as far as performances go, but you  managed to kick it up a level.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Ted

Quote from: Zoltan on February 27, 2024, 07:24:40 AMbut you  managed to kick it up a level.

Confession: I prompted ChatGPT, "I have an MP3 of rock and roll song. What can I do with it in Audacity to make it sound like it was recorded in the 1950s?"

I mostly followed what GPT said to do, but still had to make some creative decisions: How much compression. Which distortion preset. GPT got confused about adding noise; it kept telling me how to remove noise. So I just found a free sound file of a dusty, scratchy record and added it as a stereo track.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Zoltan

Quote from: Ted on February 27, 2024, 08:17:54 AMConfession: I prompted ChatGPT

There's weird and there's Ted type of weird :) And that's a compliment!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper