Be My Lover

Started by jules metcalfe, February 20, 2024, 11:13:06 AM

jules metcalfe

Be My Lover Blueser
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Hi, wrote this, its got an early Stones vibe going.

Cheers. J

recorder
Boss BR-532

Farrell Jackson

This is a fun early sixties styled blues rocker. I like it! Yes it does remind of the early Stones. Cool guitar riffing!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

ODH

Hell yeah!

That energy is infectious. Stunning work.
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

StephenM

kicking ass and taking names... oh yes.

stop by again soon

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

hardlock

Killer rocker. Foot's still tapping. This is my kinda jam. Great listen! 8)
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

Trist

Great production and vocals, and the guitar playing is excellent, defintaly has that stones /george thorogood  feel to to it. pro recording and very enjoyable  blues rock

Johnbee

Great 12 Bar Blues groove.  Great solo work and I don't know what you're doing to create that muted sound on the rhythm guitar but it's awesome.

:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

Ted

This is very fresh and feels live – especially the vocals. You sound as though you are singing for an audience, and not in your car or your scrappy home studio all by yourself (which is how I record).

I have one weird complaint: The recording quality is too good. Could you do a mix in mono, with the vocals oversaturated, and the drums sounding like they weren't mic'd. I'm not really hearing the Stones here; I'm hearing something much more primitive, if you'd only downgrade the production quality.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

StephenM

Quote from: Ted on February 22, 2024, 01:30:04 AMThis is very fresh and feels live – especially the vocals. You sound as though you are singing for an audience, and not in your car or your scrappy home studio all by yourself (which is how I record).

I have one weird complaint: The recording quality is too good. Could you do a mix in mono, with the vocals oversaturated, and the drums sounding like they weren't mic'd. I'm not really hearing the Stones here; I'm hearing something much more primitive, if you'd only downgrade the production quality.

I tend to agree

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Zoltan

This song title has fooled me more than twice! I was expecting to hear that Alice Cooper song with the same title.

Ted hits the nail in the head and makes it twisted. The drums at least would benefit from some dirt. Maybe even a crushed (and heavily EQ'd) ambience somewhere in the background (so it wouldn't really be heard, but felt).

Great vocals. Great playing. I think you're doing what Stones tried to do. They got the dirt, you got the performances. Maybe they should produce your next song?

F... those vocs slap hard.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper