The Snow Leopard

Started by Mike_S, February 18, 2024, 03:26:16 PM

StephenM

I am not quite as stoned tonight listening to this... it sounds amazing Mike... nobody plays like you... the way you put stuff together is rare...

I like that you seem to be advocating for the beautiful creature... while fitting the rules of the festival... and yet is so you...

wow...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Pete C

I'm sure Johnny Marr was playing with you.. love the song and the guitar work is fantastic !

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

A nice idea for the story of the song. Its a shame a lot of these animals are becoming extinct.  ( usually because of humans)
That melodic guitar riff sounds great. Brilliant vocals and music all round Mike. I like the " talkie bit" too.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Oldrottenhead

braw bro, great song and great song idea for the festival. Love it.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

StephenM

this song kicks ass... you do your country proud Mr. Stewart!  such conviction

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Ted

Quote from: Pete C on February 22, 2024, 02:49:39 PMI'm sure Johnny Marr was playing with you

Confession: I didn't know who Johnny Marr was. I just read his Wikipedia page, and I'm familiar with almost every band he's been involved with – familiar at least by name. The name really jumped out at me in Pete C's comment because recently I thought about what a funny fake name "Johnny Marr" would be, because it sounds exactly like the French expression J'en ai marre, which means "I'm fed up," or "I've had enough." Well, late to the party, as usual.

Listening to the song again, paying particular attention to the guitar sounds (great tone) and the interplay between left and right guitars.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac