- Guitar: Kramer Nightswan
- Guitar sounds: Rockman x100
- Drum sounds:  Oberheim DMX (samples) layered with other samples
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

StephenM

I should go back and listen to more Simple Minds but I think I would be disappointed as I doubt they could be this good...cool you can take a Tom Sholz device and a Kramer and make this...

I am listening on Sunday afternoon... and I admit sunday dinner around here is like a sacred tradition... I feel like I just ate the greatest goose dinner... think about it... southerners might have been hungry but they were pretty good with a shotgun... so while sweeping off the back porch, Lemuel heard Canadien Geese coming near... of course any good person trying to survive in the south, you know the ones that didn't have big plantations (most of them), always had a gun nearby... their survival depended on it.
So up comes the double barrell... and then suddenly they appear just overhead... bam, bam.. and down drops 2 amazing sunday dinners...
Mah, as she was called, sure could pluck a string (you know on a rogue saturday night moonshine dance) and a feather and this was no real work for her... and presto, some hours later the family sat down and bowed their head in thanks for their good fortune that day... hungry no more.

I feel that same way, or at least how I envision it might have been... I likely could write a different version about the plantations dinner... but I won't as it would be pure speculation.

then up next comes Ted's amazing creation and I thought... these two songs go perfect together.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Zoltan

I knew i should have sent this track for you to finish...

Song theme/title "Duck Dinner" would have worked way better!

... Edit. I just can't stop thinking about the missed opportunity.

Simply Mindless - Duck Dinner :)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Mike_S

This has a real feel good vibe. You have turned all the 80's knobs up to 11... excellent :)

Great groove, sounding really full and packed with sonic goodies. Production on this is top drawer and that lead is very welcome when it comes in. Even got a touch of Willie (ooer! stop it!) from the lead tone and maybe even the playing a little. Most enjoyable Zoltan.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ted

I was more of an ABC guy than a Simple Minds guy. Now I'm more of a Zoltan guy.

Would you post the lyrics?

That guitar sounds more John McGeoch than Tom Scholz. (Check out the guitar on "Permafrost" - NSFW.) In any case, it sounds amazing. I could listen to an instrumental version of this song with an extended solo.

I'm getting caught up the songs in my Songcrafters Podcast Playlist. (Four more to go, as long as nobody uploads something new today.) I almost missed this little ego boost:

Quote from: StephenM on February 18, 2024, 02:00:23 PMTed's amazing creation and I thought... these two songs go perfect together.

Thanks. (Blushing)

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

jules metcalfe

recorder
Boss BR-532

Ray Brookes

Oh yeah! Great 80's sound a la Simple Minds. Excellently produced/mixed - love those retro synth sounds and great guitar stuff. You're a very talented guy Mr. Z. Always interesting tracks that you post.
Ray Brookes

StephenM

so yesterday I was at Guitar Center in Hickory to pick up some strings.  Also to snoop around... as in look at things I cannot afford and do not need... so I noticed this Kramer guitar, used, from the 80's... not bad shape... had a locking nut and a whammy... I picked it up... and played it a little...but i did not plug it in... might have been a decent deal at 250$... but I ran out of that store as fast as i could...

my new mantra...I DO NOT NEED ANY NEW OR USED GEAR AT THIS TIME.

btw, I was looking at photos of the nightswan... pretty amazing.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Trist

i enjoyed this has a 80's style to it, which kept my attention from start to finish, nice guitar and style i liked it all the way through

Johnbee

I'm reminded of the style of the band Simple Minds from the 80s.  Thanks for assuring me that quality music like that can still be created.  It was like a trip back in time.  Even the title sounds 80s.

:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!