"Prevail" - Original by Ted

Started by Ted, February 18, 2024, 11:47:34 AM

Trist

Great sounding guitars on this track, i really liked the vocals too and the melody which is catchy and easy to relate too .  good production and lyrics, Enjoyed this a lot

StephenM

This recording is quite perfect...
Really pro.  The song is convincing as others said...well worth 5 or 6 times per day radio cycle

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Ted

Quote from: Greeny on April 04, 2024, 06:38:16 AMReally like that last bit where the chords jar a bit - nice tension.

I have no idea how I did that. It was a happy accident. Perhaps some sloppy playing created harmonics that got accentuated by the "Sweep" delay.

I think calling the song "convincing" is a big compliment. Thank you. Especially since I am nearly 30 years removed from the events of the song. BTW: I did see this woman once again. We both attended the same tech conference in Denver in 2001. (See verse 4 of "Jodie.") I told her that I had written songs about her, and that I might send them to her if I ever get around to recording them. In 2001 the only recording gear I had was my 4-track cassette thing.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

thetworegs

A little late to the party but pleased I got here

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

godinqc

I really liked this song.. The guitar FX is really good , vocals too .
Great road trip song.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

Blooby

I just love the vocal delivery in this tune, and that cleanish guitar against that repeating figure works so well. The chorus is the prefect pay-off as well. I am a sucker for dropping the drums out as well.

Such a good tune. Downloaded.

Blooby