I Will Be There - ODH Original

Started by ODH, February 18, 2024, 05:04:05 AM

ODH

I will be there
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I did most of the backer a few years ago but never could come up with any words beyond the first and last lines of the chorus.

A couple of weeks ago my daughter had homework to record a motivational song. So I wrote some motivational lyrics for the backer thinking she could sing them and submit it to school. Didn't want anything to do with it.

So I recorded it myself.

I added the a capella part and some flourishes on the organ

I Will Be There

The night is dark now
But dawn will rise
The sun will come up
And light the skies

I'll keep on pushing
I'll be okay
Another chance on
A brand new day

And in the morning
When I wake
Embrace the daytime
I'll seize the day
And I will be there

Remember always
To chase your dream
And keep on striving
Into the stream

There will be darkness
But dawn will come
The light that breaks through:
The warming sun

And in the morning
When I wake
Embrace the daytime
I'll seize the day
And I will be there

Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

StephenM

this is wonderful Nick.

glad it didn't go over to the younger!  Glad you finished... it I especially love that effected solo... this is a great recording too..

thank you!

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Mike_S

This is slighty different for you Nick. It's a lovely mellow country rock type vibe... kinda camp fireish. I can sympathise with the daughter not wanting to participate with you. I have the same thing with mine. I would love to do a track with her, but it's really just me that wants to do it I think.

Great uplifting spirit going here, excellent.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Trist

nice track has a little bit of country to it in places, i like the sing along feel of the track with the backing vocals, would sound good in a cool dark road movie, liked the guitar solo too and vocal accapella section . has something about this which is really great  enjoyed

Ron D Bowes

Nicely done. Lyrics are cool and I like the dirge-ish delivery. I hang on to song backers till I click or they drift off into the dark.

Farrell Jackson

I like this Nick! Your vocal harmonies and delivery remind of The Grateful Dead's style, especially the a capelly section. The lead solo was a cool surprise! I like it when an artist creates something totally different than their normal style and this works wonderfully!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Ted

A new classic Americana blues-folk hymn moves into John Prine's neighborhood. John Hyatt whispers to Lucinda Williams, "I don't think he's from around here."

John Fogerty, in an even lower voice says, "I hear his daughter didn't want anything to do with it."

"Ungrateful brat," say Drive-By Truckers, in unison. "We'll take him in."

"But he talks funny," says Los Lobos.

"Shhhh! You of all people!," says Bonnie Raitt. "We'll. Take. Him. In."
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Zoltan

ODH hits the porch and comes out flying with a countrified pop song.

At first the vocals were almost unrecognizable as OHD, but as the song progresses further i can hear that classic ODH sound peeking through.

Here's hoping for a full blown ODH goes Country album.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

StephenM

Quote from: Ted on February 20, 2024, 05:03:26 AMA new classic Americana blues-folk hymn moves into John Prine's neighborhood. John Hyatt whispers to Lucinda Williams, "I don't think he's from around here."

John Fogerty, in an even lower voice says, "I hear his daughter didn't want anything to do with it."

"Ungrateful brat," say Drive-By Truckers, in unison. "We'll take him in."

"But he talks funny," says Los Lobos.

"Shhhh! You of all people!," says Bonnie Raitt. "We'll. Take. Him. In."

glad I came back just to read this, let alone hear this awesome track again.  I really love the organ and that lead is exquisite...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Pete C

This is really good Nick. Very different to anything you've posted before but its a totally enjoyable listen

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800