I gotta put on the brakes

Started by thetworegs, February 15, 2024, 08:10:46 AM

thetworegs

Time:
0:00
Volume:
I visited the doctor and he told me I have to slow down and stop the alcohol sugar and generally the good life as my blood test showed a raised blood sugar level and I'm pre diabetic. so its time to change my ways so I thought I'd start by writing a song about it I'm sure I'm not the only one in this boat but I'd better start rowing and loose that weight.
I recorded the acoustic mice'd up as 've started to do rather than plug her in as I'm sure the tone is better
I'm sure everyone realises that life just seems to pass you by
People close i've loved the most have had to say goodbye
All the dreams I had when I was young
They have now  gone
Some were for -filled
others were just  wrong
Ive got to learn from all my mistakes

The doctor told me I was putting on way too much weight 
That I'd got too much sugar in my blood and I gotta cut down before it's too late
Now I've got to go on that    diet to change the way I live my life
But its so fucking hard How can I change
How can I stop all that living
Without living in a rage
Ive got to learn from all these  mistake

Well I started of the day with no sugar in my tea
Porridge oats instead of toast and marmalade for me
Things just didn't seem right
They had no taste at all
But I've got to try
Ive really got to try
I don't want to die, I don't want to die
They have now  gone

But I feel ok in myself ,   I mean I'm not dead yet
I can walk a mile I can walk ten if I'm under threat
I take the dogs for a walk everyday and do my yoga at dawn
They have now  gone
Some were for -filled
others were just  wrong 

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Johnbee

I can ID with this song.  I am a type 2.  Not so much the sugar but it's the carbs that are hard to avoid and everything that worth eating has them.

Nice tune.

:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

Ray Brookes

Great meaningful song, Trev and very relevant to our age group. I always mic up my acoustic guitars rather than just plug them in - always a much better, more natural sound.
Ray Brookes

Pete C

Love this song Trev and it hits home with me. I have a blood test every year as I've had high blood pressure for years. The last few years they've been saying my cholesterol is high and some years they say my blood sugar is high and I'm pre-diabetic. In 2022, they suggested statins so I said give me 6 months to try and bring it down myself. Now I was already eating as healthily as I could but I increased all the "cholesterol-busting" food and was eating porridge every morning, no white bread, sardines, mackerel, salmon, avocados, almonds, walnuts, lost a stone and a half and when I went back my cholesterol had decreased by 0.2 so I'm trying statins. Can't win !

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

Farrell Jackson

A fun song Trevor about a serious subject. Both your voice and acoustic (mic'ed) sounds real good here. I usually do a blend of the onboard pickup and the mic on separate channels and then blend them to taste. Sometimes it's more pickup and less mic or the other way around. My LDL and HDL are fine but the only nagging health problem I have is high triglycerides (cholesterol sugars). So I've been taking a statin for about 15 years. That plus omega supplements and alcohol moderation seems to keep it in check. Good luck on your healthy journey!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Pipes

Great :)

just touch them don't put them on fully..

Catchy tune Sir and very likeable

A voice to suit any song

Nick

StephenM

clever as ever... and a theme song for the world of folks many even in their 40s... hey, we do what we gotta do.

really like the strumming on this and the vocals.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

chapperz66

Great song and one that most of us can relate to.  At the risk of speaking too soon, my blood sugar has always been OK.  Everything else is pretty much f*&%$d, but the blood sugar is OK.

The mic-ed acoustic sounds just fab. When I record acoustic - which is not often - I tend to mic and DI it, and mix in a little of the DI just to give it a bit of zing where necessary.  Just an option where needed.

Another fine song.

Paul

Geir

Catchy and sweet  ::)

Great recording of a much too relatable song  :P
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder