Voodoo Brew

Started by Ron D Bowes, February 15, 2024, 05:57:59 AM

Ron D Bowes

08 Voodoo Brew
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I was ready to release my new album "Paws for Thought", but I wasn' happy with one of the tracks. I trawled through my earlier work to see if there was anything I could revamp and stumbled across this track which has never been released. I don't know why, because I rather like it. So - it has gone on the album now instead of the other track and the release date is 1st March 2024.

Voodoo Brew

Now, the first time I set eyes on you
Well, I just can't say what I wanted to do
You make me hot
You make me sweat
You're a whole lotta woman that a man could get

I'm Gonna mix things up gonna make a voodoo brew
I'm Gonna drink it down and cast my spell on you

Alrighty!
Well, the night is black but the moon is bright
Gonna weave my web on your soul tonight
Well, You make me drool
Yeah, You make me yearn
You got a smouldering flame, so burn, baby burn

I'm Gonna mix things up and make me a voodoo brew

Let me see now
I have to get a few things together

I got my voodoo coat
I got my voodoo hat
I got my book of spells and a jet-black cat
I got the eye of a toad
I got the wing of a bat
I got a spoonful of blood and the tail of a rat

I'm Gonna mix things up and make me a voodoo brew

Abracadabra!

Farrell Jackson

A good choice for the new album Ron! This is a fun rocker with a great story. I like the George Thorogood style growl in the guitars and vocals but it's definitely all you. Good luck with the new album!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

thetworegs

This is a beauty Ron love it... what a great vocal

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Johnbee

Outstanding and radio ready.  Another superb track from Mr. Bowes.

:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

Ray Brookes

Vintage rock in that great Mr.Bowes style. Excellent production/arranging. I don't do albums; I don't see the point as nobody would buy them LOL
Ray Brookes

TPB

A little voodoo growl everybody needs some great track
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

StephenM

indescribably auralicious.  my ears are banging home those frequencies that the speakers are blasting out your superbly recorded rendering of some very fine rock music. 

it's as if the stones, zep, ac/dc, bad company all merged somehow and are blasting through Ron Bowes... not that really... it is just that Ron is that great! 

killer track.. the vocals are superior!  the whole thing smokes like a fat man on a desperate saturday night sex trek.

I have a wall of 4 15 inch 2 way powered speakers blasting this out.  They are arranged as shown in the photo I am attempting to show... I think fate would have had me set them up just to hear this that way... it is like a rock show... mono more but bloody hell none the less... for the next few weeks I will be using this set up in the studio... something different and fun.
20240213_151904_resized (1).jpg

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Zoltan

Quote from: StephenM on February 15, 2024, 08:02:51 PMthe whole thing smokes like a fat man on a desperate saturday night sex trek.

There's really nothing more to add to this. Ron is once again hitting it out of the park and those who are able to catch it are wondering what the heck hit them.

Quote from: StephenM on February 15, 2024, 08:02:51 PM.. it is like a rock show... mono more but bloody hell none the less...

Stephen said "let there be sound" and there was. Also a mild case of tinnitus :D Maybe even some broken ribs (beware of the cords!).
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

What a track Ron,,and you nearly forgot about it? It's up to your usual excellent standard. It has that trademark mix of styles, but the music and vocals are always top notch. Another catchy, foot tapping , rocking song. I'm loving the growling vocals..
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Pete C

Think everything's been said already. Rocker of a track !

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800