Everyday - Buddy Holly - lost in 1959

Started by ODH, February 10, 2024, 06:04:11 PM

ODH

Everyday
Time:
0:00
Volume:
The BBC have had a couple of documentaries about Buddy Holly recently, it's 65 years since his death. There was a lot of Buddy Holly in my house when I was growing up and I'm very fond of his music. Here is a little tribute.

I watched one of the documentaries this morning then worked out this song arrangement on ukulele. Between the two six nations matches I nipped upstairs and recorded this (I missed the first half hour of the Wales match).
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

ODH

Everyday drum
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Here's a slightly remixed version also

Farrell Jackson

Buddy Holly wrote a lot of good songs in his short time on earth. Like many musicians that have died too young, it makes one wonder what they could have accomplished had they not.
A cool trip down memory lane ODH. Your voices along with the Ukulele are super. Both versions are good but the first mix, with the vocals more upfront, appeals most to me. Nice work!   
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Ron D Bowes

Like it! Very polished performance and I like the use of the ukelele.

cuthbert

Love Buddy Holly, and this is a great cover!

Will listen to the remix later as I'm on my way out the door.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Ted

Very nice. I'm not sure which version I like better. The first one was a very live feel. It could Street musicians in a city square.

If you're interested check out my ukulele cover of Buddy Holly's "Words of Love."
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Jean Pierre

(I missed the first half hour of the Wales match)

that's not good ;)

but

Everyday is good! I love the pearl sound of your Uke
I also really like Buddy Holly,...Peggy Sue was the first song we did with my teeager group and it was really in our little corner of France our signature song.
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

ODH

Quote from: Jean Pierre on February 11, 2024, 11:43:11 PM(I missed the first half hour of the Wales match)

that's not good ;)

Kind of wish I missed the second half as well :(

Zoltan

The first version is better imho. The second one loses something with the introduction of the drums. The drums draw the attention away from the good stuff and are a bit kinda like "lazy hip hop".

I might feel differently once i've had some rest (I've been working like a hog... Whatever that means!), but the current takeaway :)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Pete C

Nice cover Nick, a bit of a surprise.

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800