In Her Eyes

Started by Ray Brookes, February 10, 2024, 01:25:26 PM

Ray Brookes

in her eyes
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Valentine (banner image missing)

A bit of a soppy, lovey-dovey St.Valentine's Day song. I wasn't gonna post it but oh well ......

She stands before me unabashed and bare
Her clothes folded on the bedroom chair
Looking in her eyes; what do I see there?
Just the rest of my life

Her eyes azure, her skin so clear and fair
Her body soft her name a sacred prayer
Just the rest of my life

And in her arms the time it flies
As I feel the heat and passion rise
And later in my single bed a reprise
Looking in her eyes

There's no feeling that I could ever compare
As I run my hand through her golden hair
Just the rest of my life
Ray Brookes

allysonmarie

Glad you posted it. This is a beautiful song.

thetworegs

Loving the sound of the acoustic...I love a bit of lovey dovey around valentines and this is a beauty of a track the electric pianos a nice touch and the percussion just adds to that romantic feel you smooth bugger

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

TPB

Me I am a sucker for lovey dovey song the acoustic fits this so well thanks for such a nice song glad you posted it
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

Fantastic " lovey dovey"song Ray. The music, playing and vocals are so good.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Ted

Sappy, but convincing. Unlike 95% of love songs, this one comes through 100% sincerity. Beautifully played and arranged as well.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

hardlock

This is true classic material. Great instrumental mixing and contrast. As always your vocals are top shelf and the harmonies really separate it from the typical emotional tunes. Great listen, great song! 8)
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

Pete C

Lovely song Ray..makes me wish I was young and romantic again  :(

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

Pipes

Hi Ray,

Super composition and recording.. You obviously know what you're doing and how to construct a cracking song..really Impressive. Excellent production and vocals..love those harmonies, melodies and Instruments.

I wouldn't mind having a go at singing this one, given half a chance. :) :)

Well done Indeed...

Awesome post.

Nick

StephenM

Ray,
yes, you did the right thing posting this... I won't won't hold it against you that you can reach this level of intimacy telling a story in a song... that is real power man... and I get why you might have not posted this.  At least I think I do.

However, not everyone can write a song like this but want their loved one to hear it so it can explain how they feel... like cards... not everyone can say things like that. 
the music per usual is really superb... I like and even love your vocals on this... but it would be interesting to hear Nick do this too...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner