Save The World From Farting Cows (Superbowl Queen)

Started by StephenM, February 10, 2024, 06:12:06 AM

StephenM

Save The World From Farting Cows (SuperBowl Queen)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Here is my tribute to the superbowl... which it's beginning to look like scripted choreography these days... and as I have gotten older I find myself not very interested in all the stuff they pedaling and especially all the "social agenda" stuff... if I am going to watch a game... that is all I am interested in...
so yes this is my meager protest to what I see as hypo's

anyway.. it is a weird song... and almost no one will listen to it or like it but I think it's at least interesting...

also I have been posting alot of songs but these I have been working on over a period of a week or so and they just happened to come about..

the dog barking is my sons dog that I was watching and she saw something out the window at just the right time and I loved the way it fit the line about the cheer from the adoring throng...  and if you listen close right after the cat meows.... that was actual and both were coincidental...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Mike_S

The good thing about this place is folk are welcome to do their thing. And this is you doing your thing, so Amen to that and long may it last. Well I suppose it is weird, BUT a lot of us here like weird. I do anyway. But there is always something in your vocal that makes us listen, makes us believe what you are saying and you often splice in some crazy stuff in the lyrics... and humour too. All in all a great mix. Excellent Steve.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ted

The ominous pulse of this in contrast to the silliness of the lyrics. The organ in the background is particularly menacing. The Easter egg some people might not notice is the cowbell in the mix – pretty funny in a song about farting cows.

When I ran a songwriters circle, I began every meeting by reminding everyone of the rules. The rules about politics were:

• Keep your politics in your songs.
  • If you don't like someone's politics, respond in a song.

These rules were implemented after a couple of members of the group kept arguing politics at every session.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Oldrottenhead

Do I get the prize for finding out you are really "The Residents". Magic!
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Zoltan

Quote from: Ted on February 10, 2024, 11:06:09 AMThe Easter egg some people might not notice is the cowbell in the mix

You gotta be kidding! :D If there was more cowbell the cows would go home.

Give a mighty cheer? Bronx cheer? It's weird and yes... Slightly menacing. The use of organ is a master stroke. It's pure udders! Before the song ends it manages to convey both Violent Femmes and Phantasm (soundtrack).

That dog bark followed by a laugh is the highlight of the song :)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Pete C

Fantastic, even the dog and cat join in. Love the lyrics and I totally understand who and what the song is about.

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

Johnbee

Are you referring to Taylor? (She's a hometown girl but I don't think much of her).  The "farting cow" thing started with a certain congresswoman IIRC. Trying to put this all together with the Super Bowl in my mind.  Hey, I love the dog bark! ;D  I bet you cued him.

Another fine FZ influenced tune.

:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

Geir

I think you will find that there are quite a few weirdos here that find your music rather appealing.

I surely am one.

Keep'em coming
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

thetworegs

We are all on the weirdo bus that's why we're here I've got my ticket and you've certainly got yours Steve ...it's quite the experience being in your head for the superbowl keep those thoughts coming

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

StephenM

Quote from: Johnbee on February 13, 2024, 05:43:04 PMAre you referring to Taylor? (She's a hometown girl but I don't think much of her).  The "farting cow" thing started with a certain congresswoman IIRC. Trying to put this all together with the Super Bowl in my mind.  Hey, I love the dog bark! ;D  I bet you cued him.

Another fine FZ influenced tune.

:) John B

yes... JB it is about Taylor but I took alot of "artistic liscense".... poking a bit of fun at the commercialization and colaboration of the NFL, Taylor Swift (and she has ties to the whole you should not have cars thing, at least not petroleum based cars)... so I decided to poke fun at what I perceive is elitist hypocrisy)....

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner