I Am Comforted

Started by StephenM, February 09, 2024, 01:11:50 PM

StephenM

I Am Comforted
Time:
0:00
Volume:
a sort of reprisal to "I Fly High"...

I did this whole thing on the Zoom R24.  I had not used it in a while and there were recent posts on the site here and other places about it... so I wanted to do a project with it.  I got up very early, 6am and had a bit of coffee and got about bringing the recorder to the bedroom, away from the normal studio.  I recorded the two guitars through the mics and plugged in, these were the electric guitars, the Nighthawk.
I had to do a good bit of bounce with effects etc because you can't assign the effects bus to more than 1 mono or stereo track at a time.  I did enjoy this however and I really enjoyed the project.  I could have added a bit more but I decided I liked it as is.

this feels intense to me..I Am Comforted.mp3 I Am Comforted.mp3

I would like to note that I think I am getting in touch with my mama's crazy fearful yet hopeful yet faithful rocking me.... this is the absolute essence of that....
it is very intimate to me..

Sometimes in shame I bow my head and cry but I am comforted as my guitar weeps along. 

I am lost again in my guitar.  Like a drunk man, wandering away from home to far.  I am lost yet again in my guitar.  People say it is a waste of time.  They don't understand it is healing my mind.

It is a threat you see.  To their comfort normalcy. 

I don't mind.  I nod and say I understand.  I once was lost just like they, outside my mind.  The strings strip away all my facades.  We don't like what we see. 

The guitar rebuilds me as if I am a baby, one step at a time.  Sometimes in shame I bow my head and cry.  But I am comforted as my guitar weeps along.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

the physics teacher

I like this Stephen. I like when there is talking in music. The ambience brought me to Duran Duran's say a prayer.i wish I could play like that.

Corné
I do have an elektic bass and guitar, i do have an acoustic guitar. I even have a keyboard and a Roland drum set What I seem to miss is skills. So to cure my at least 40y frustration I dicovered my instrument being my voice. So I finaly had the nerve to take singing lessons and make my voice heared thanks to Songcrafters.

Ted

This is different for you, a different mood, and yet so you.

It could be mistaken for something really simple, but there are subtle changes and twists the reveal themselves as the song moves along: A change in panning. A crazy vocal effect. Bass double stops.

(Lately I've been listening to Songcrafters a lot in only one ear, with a hands-free headset. But I happen to have my good cans on at them moment.)
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Ray Brookes

Love the ambience in this track, Steve. Those guitars sound awesome, the bass meandering mysteriously along underneath and the soft speaking voice works so well with the intended message.
Ray Brookes

thetworegs

Liking that mystical ambience with the spoken word .......its working those strings are breaking down the barrier ...I'm starting to think.... No stop....i can't ... I've started now

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

TPB

I am lost yet again with YOUR guitar sipping my morning coffee chilling to this
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

The music is such a brilliant background to the amazing lyrical vocals. Obviously very personal to you.
The music has a pink Floyd vibe, the guitars and bass are brilliant. This is another side of your music, great to hear.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Zoltan

I've heard this several times now and at first the spoken word vocals got to me. Meaning that they literally inspired me and i ended up doing spoken word songs (?) and that's something i ain't gonna do.
With my lyrics that would mean the end is nigh :D In Stephens case the lyrics / vocals have this comforting quality to them.

The playing works, the ambience works. It's both close and distant sounding at the sametime. And even with all this warmth there's still a hint of weirdness to it.

I like the way you're using different vibes, settings and recording gadgets and places to make your music.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Pete C

This is special Steve, I had to put this on repeat and listen over and over. I could meditate to this, in fact I could see my third eye chakra spinning. So relaxing and comforting.
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

Bluesberry

Holy moly....wowzers......and flipping heck man....what a track....what a beautiful beast of a track.....haunting and spooky and compelling and comforting all at the same time

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand