Chapperz's last live gig video

Started by chapperz66, February 08, 2024, 03:40:01 AM

chapperz66

Some footage has appeared of the last time I played live - c1986.

I was primarily the keyboard player in this band so I'm barely visible behind the fiddle player.  I wrote the second song ( apart from the bit of Bach in the middle) which starts about 4:47.

The chap who put this up on Youtube tells me that there is some footage of me doing some guitar but he hasn't put it up yet. 

Notable things beside the very poor quality sound and picture quality, is the drummer playing a Simmonds kit and the singer's outrageous mullet haircut.  Both very period correct.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIZGBBcS3qc

Zoltan

Wow! This is the greatest thing ever!

I'm glad you mentioned that mullet. Otherwise i would have felt bad as that was the first thing i noticed :) The second was the fiddle man. Simmons kit and a fiddle? Only in the 80s.

Here's hoping we'll get to see you with the guitar too.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Farrell Jackson

This is great Paul! A real flashback in time from 38 years ago! The singer is good and quite animated, especially when he started conducting the band during the Bach passage. The violinist is terrific. You had quite an Afro going on...I love it! All the players are very accomplished musicians. The whole band has sort of a Gentle Giant vibe. Great video!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Geir

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Mike_S

This was a good band Paul, gotta be great memories too, The hairstyles are great examples of the time! :) I confess to a mullet back in the day but your singer beats me hands down  ;D  Great quality music though, and a lovely find.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Pete C

Great band Paul...I love seeing Songcrafters' performing !

Quote from: Mike_S on February 08, 2024, 04:07:27 PMThe hairstyles are great examples of the time! :) I confess to a mullet back in the day but your singer beats me hands down 

I had a similar mullet around that time but permed at the back  :-[

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

TPB

Flashback Sat a nice always nice to see some old footage when we were all younger
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Pipes

Cool

I think I attended a few of those gigs..

super stuff...

when we were young and proudly displaying those jackets and boots

Nostalgic

Hilary

I had a similar mullet around that time but permed at the back  :-[

Pete

Legend - looks great and sounds great - time to step out of the shadows though Paul!
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

StephenM

I can hear the keyboards... so cool... this reminds me off stuff from Kansas first two albums, but with an 80 euro style vocals (sort of like Duran/Duran etc).... I dig it...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner