You Got A Friend (Weird)

Started by StephenM, February 07, 2024, 06:24:16 PM

StephenM

You Got A Friend (Weird)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
weird and fun... and quirky... and I think what happened is that song JP posted a few days back kind of put me in a trance and so combine that with me playing pretty much without a pick these days (I am starting to get the hang of it and how I dig it)...

HB on single coil for the rhythm guitars and both coil on the lead and on the rhythm pickup.. until the middle then switched to lead..

I like the weird alien noises from the feedback...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

hardlock

recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

kenny mac

Tripping indeed.
Like the low end vocal.
Very different from the usual.
A bit pink floyd in places.
Nice one.

thetworegs

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Ted

You've done weirder than this. Much weirder.

But I like this moody, trippy feel. Even if it is not to your weird standards, it's great in its own way.

I love the intimate presence of the vocals. Right up in my ears.

Have you heard the story of how Bing Crosby caused a moral panic when he started using early multi-tracking to record his vocals right up to the mic? At the time, some people thought the new technique of  "crooning" was a little too sexy.

The most misunderstood people in pop #4: Bing Crosby
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

StephenM

Quote from: Ted on February 08, 2024, 01:34:35 AMYou've done weirder than this. Much weirder.

But I like this moody, trippy feel. Even if it is not to your weird standards, it's great in its own way.

I love the intimate presence of the vocals. Right up in my ears.

Have you heard the story of how Bing Crosby caused a moral panic when he started using early multi-tracking to record his vocals right up to the mic? At the time, some people thought the new technique of  "crooning" was a little too sexy.

The most misunderstood people in pop #4: Bing Crosby

Thanks Ted and I really enjoyed reading that article on Bing and I shared it as well...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Ted

Quote from: StephenM on February 08, 2024, 04:35:47 AMI really enjoyed reading that article on Bing

That is not the best version of the story that I have heard, it was just the first one I could find. If I come across a better one – one that talks more about Bing's decisions in the recording process and how people responded to it – I'll share it with you.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Geir

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Pete C

I love the guitar work on this. The way its mixed is fantastic - with my eyes closed its like its all contained within my head if you know what I'm trying to say !

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

Mike_S

Yeah I think on the Steve M scale of weirdness this is dialed back a bit for me. BUT that's that's not to say it's any less of a track. No it's great... trippy as hell. Kind of late Friday/Saturday headphone/whiskey material, when I have forgotten who or where I am. Awesome mood piece Steve.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand