Chanson d'hiver, instrumental guitar solo

Started by Jean Pierre, February 07, 2024, 12:55:56 AM

Jean Pierre

CHANSON D' HIVER mp3 render-001
Time:
0:00
Volume:
THE SEARCH FOR THE LOST mp3

This is an instrumental guitar piece I published in 2019 that has disappeared, as has the video.
thread
so I'm republishing it with a new mastering

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fozfA1Oszrg

it's a composition by the great Brazilian guitarist and composer Baden Pauwell, whom I adore

Note that Baden Pauwells son freely shares his father's scores...(pdf in attach piece)

the illustrative video images are of a winter on the shores of Lac du Bourget in France (Savoie)..with snow conditions such as we'll be seeing more of with global warming.

I played it here with my wonderful classical guitar Alan Torré

guitare alan torre.jpg
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

the physics teacher

I do have an elektic bass and guitar, i do have an acoustic guitar. I even have a keyboard and a Roland drum set What I seem to miss is skills. So to cure my at least 40y frustration I dicovered my instrument being my voice. So I finaly had the nerve to take singing lessons and make my voice heared thanks to Songcrafters.

Ted

Beautifully played and recorded. There is a lot of "air" in the mix, which gives it a really intimate feel.

That crazy chord at the end, though. What the heck was that? It was like being awakened from a pleasant dream by an alarm clock.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Jean Pierre

Ted
QuoteThat crazy chord at the end, though. What the heck was that? It was like being awakened from a pleasant dream by an alarm clock.

Indeed this weird arpeggio, at the end with the two suspended notes are a bit startling :)

it must be something like an E minor 9/7 with 4 suspended!  ;D
Capture d'écran 2024-02-08 102723.jpg
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

Pete C

Wonderful playing - a fine instrumental indeed !

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

Geir

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Mike_S

Lovely JP, very dark piece in places. Some great chords in there and you played it beautifully. Teriffic.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand