"Children, children" r.i.p Denny Laine

Started by Geir, February 05, 2024, 01:25:42 PM

Geir

Geir- Children children
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Lost_in_2023 (banner image missing)

My long Covid has had me incapacitated a while now, but I had a couple of good(ish) days and recorded thre guitar-tracks a two takes of the vocals.  I kept them all and added some drums and flutes and violins and bass and organ ..... oh and a couple of electric guitars  ::)  ::)

Tho Paul also is credited on this song from all I've read and by the fact that Denny is singing it (and kept singing it solo) I think it is mostly mr Laines song.

Anyway it's a beautiful and cheerful song that always gets me in a good mood.

Hope you enjoy it too.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Ted

What an interesting song for someone best known as a rock guitarist.

And a big energetic production from someone feeling the effects of Long COVID. I'm happy to know that you had a couple of goodish days -- or more.

I barely know who Denny Laine is. I assumed that was because he was more well-known on your side of The Pond. I was surprised to read that Wings had more chart success in the US than in the UK.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

StephenM

For me this sounds like a Moody Blues track..
Geir, I think this is fantastic!  The same way I feel hearing that band I mentioned.

Since Wings was mentioned I will say I liked them more than the Beatles... i thought Wings were fabulous and still enjoy them!

You made an incredible track...perfect

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

StephenM

oh my gosh this is amazingly wonderful Geir!  I know I already said something about this but I am listening all these hours later and I gotta say this sounds so happy and wonderful... a real gift to my soul..

thank you!  and I hope you get a full recovery...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

kenny mac

This is brilliant, I love the vibrancy of it.
It's a feel good song that's got a magic somehow.
Maybe it's the instrumentation  maybe it's me feeding of the vibe your giving out because you like the song.
It's also a great recording production wise.
Well done Geir.

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

cuthbert

Definitely improved my mood after listening!

Not a song I knew previously, but I do dig your take. Love all the instruments, and you can feel the joy and the love that went into it.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Pete C

Very uplifting song - I can tell you've put a lot of work into this. Sounds great !

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

Mike_S

Brilliant Geir. Very well put together and it's true you can hear the joy not only in the song but in your performances. Some great guitar lines. I love this. And yes I hope you improve on the long Covid front. My wife had it for a long time but thankfully seems to have improved a lot.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

thetworegs

What a beauty of a cover all round the music the vocals the production you hit the spot with this one

If Life is a dream then use your imagination