Dancing In Your Head Is What It's All About (Destination Insanity)

Started by StephenM, February 04, 2024, 12:24:33 PM

StephenM

Dancing in Your Head
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Mr. Mike_S, the Mike_S sent me this cool track with all the stuff on it except vocals and perhaps a lead guitar.

so I came to this... and Mike did a great job mixing this as well... this is quite crazy but it really tells you how my mind works and how I deal with the perplexities of life... just turn them into fun... as best I can...

I really enjoy Mike's music and he has been such a great inspiration to me and he likes my craziness...

it is very hard to get..Dancing in Your Head.mp3

What would your name be if you didn't know what it was?  How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?  Do you remember your first taste of milk?  Getting older, carry on soldiers.  At least you are getting much bolder. 
Start your scan, cast about.  Dancing in your head is what it's all about.... repeat in various orders...

don't follow the crowd.  They get quite loud... get out of the crowd. 

go out and look at the cows in the yard

Start your scan, cast about.  Dancing in your head is what it's all about.... repeat in various orders...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

TPB

It is what is all about some reason I am always smiling when I listening to your songs nicely done brother
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Johnbee

Another example of Frank Zappa channeling through ol' Steven.

:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

Ted

I mean this in best possible way: You are weird.

This is right out of the creative music scene of the early 80s. The punk movement started as an anti-corporate rock movement. It took a while before Punk settled into a stylistic rut. But for a time there was some very creative outsider stuff coming out: Sun City Girls, Meat Puppets, Pere Ubu, the Flying Lizards, to name just four. Then the taste makers decided what Punk would sound like, and the real weirdo stuff disappeared. The creative experiments came to an end.

This sounds like something that would have come from that period.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Mike_S

I never know what is going to happen when I start a song with Steve. I put down a deliberately angular, odd guitar riff and went to town on the drum part then sent over. I thought it might be hard to put a vocal to but also that is where it might get it's uniqueness.

Steve put down a great "out there" vocal and all together with the guitars and drums, etc you are thinking where on earth is this track going? I think that is always what we are trying to do. Step right to the edge of what is possible musically. A mixture of mayhem, rocking out and humour... thanks Steve for stepping up and your beautiful creativity.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Zoltan

Bring on the hairy hula dancers on Quaaludes. That's the vibe i get from this :D

THAT laugh :D 5/5.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

kenny mac

Listened to this earlier on a playlist I made for my travel to work.
It's got that Stephen in and out vocal technique I've got so used to.
But the guitar is so tight and chunky, and funky.
Nice one.

Pete C

Love the bit where Steve starts laughing ! Great backer Mike, and I believe Steve has the ability to add a vocal to anything. Great listen

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800