You Are Here-Original

Started by Johnbee, February 04, 2024, 08:30:37 AM

Pete C

I'm always amazed at the complexity and musicality of your posts - another fine song !

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

Geir

Wow.  Again. You always deliver such unique songs.

This is so beautiful in a quite intricate way. It is quite proggy, like some of the great songwriters were allowed to be in the 70s.

Well done
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

karl1171

I enjoyed this.

Superb production, arrangement and performance, with a few surprises along the way.

Ted

Quote from: Ted on February 05, 2024, 03:58:22 AMThis is all you; your unique style and voice, but you gave me a fleeting flashback to early King Crimson.

Came back for another listen. The lyrics are a bit enigmatic. You contemplate the complexities of life, the pursuit of happiness, and the quest for inner peace amid adversity. You, in fact, are a bit enigmatic. One could read this as someone looking at their final years with complicated feelings about how their life has been, and what comes next.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Johnbee

Quote from: Ted on February 09, 2024, 05:25:50 AM
Quote from: Ted on February 05, 2024, 03:58:22 AMThis is all you; your unique style and voice, but you gave me a fleeting flashback to early King Crimson.

Came back for another listen. The lyrics are a bit enigmatic. You contemplate the complexities of life, the pursuit of happiness, and the quest for inner peace amid adversity. You, in fact, are a bit enigmatic. One could read this as someone looking at their final years with complicated feelings about how their life has been, and what comes next.

I think you have me pegged pretty good, Ted.  Enigmatic, contemplative and complicated.  ;)

Thanks to all for giving this a listen and comment.

:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

allysonmarie

This song blew me away with the production, variety of instruments, beautiful piano, thoughtful lyrics. Wonderful work!

Jarle

Love this a lot. Wonderful proggy song, some really good instrumentation and arrangement here. Love the bass.
recorder
Boss BR-800

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

Another lovely song. The music is beautiful, I love your piano playing and song arranging and style.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Johnbee

Allysonmarie, Jarle and Darren-Thanks so much for listening and your kind words.

:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

Farrell Jackson

I finally found time to listen to this proggy jewel! This is one of your best John. Top notch vocals/lyric with a complicated melody...not an easy thing to sing. A perfect build up and then the musical interlude blows my mind with that lovely piano, bass, flute and the violins. The song moves from one section to the next flawlessly. Excellence, take a bow!!!!!!!!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?