You Are Here-Original

Started by Johnbee, February 04, 2024, 08:30:37 AM

Johnbee

You Are Here 192
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Hi! :)

I wanted to do some reviews here yesterday but had to spend most of the day on the line with Comcast to straighten out some serious modem issues.  I was so mad that it took most of an otherwise beautiful Saturday, but I will get to listen later today (I hope).  Meanwhile, here's my newest.  Hope you all enjoy.  ;)

The mystery of the rainbow-
Is there a pot of gold?
And concerning raw emotions-
Can they be bought or sold?
As the good book tells us
There is a time for everything
So close your eyes to stardust
to let you dream the joy it brings

Little bird out my window
Can I watch you fly?
On your wings of freedom
Not restricted by the time
Surrounded by a beauty
as the clouds below you fall
Not encumbered by the world below
nor imprisoned by a wall

In this world you can be certain
of only just one thing
Some people will always be hurting
no matter what life will bring
It's a part of the Human Condition
There is only one path to peace
If you pray it will come to fruition
You will enjoy such sweet release

c 2024 John Bowen Music

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

chapperz66

Beautiful piano, John.  And the vocal is so emotive.  Really cool stuff.

oh- and sax!

Paul

Blooby

I just love your adventurous vocal melodies. It really sets your songs apart.

Wistful piano/voice, and then that bass is so satisfying. Cool instrumental bridge that apes the vocal melody as a launching point. Such strong songwriting and arranging skills.

Good lord, that flute (patch?) sounded so good.

A great listen. Cheers.

Blooby

StephenM

Quote from: Blooby on February 04, 2024, 11:40:36 AMI just love your adventurous vocal melodies. It really sets your songs apart.

I agree here with The Lurking Bruce (sorry I know you guys are actually different people)... Blooby nailed it with this comment..

your work keeps getting better and better... I am dancing in my head... that flute is now just causing me lovely shivers in my spine...

so this is great from the very start... I want to comment again in a week or so after I have had time to fully get in this experience... for now that piano at the start and I am with Bruce again... that bass is so right...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Ray Brookes

Stellar songwriting & performance. Love those melodic leaps that typify your music, especially vocally. That instrumental section at around 2:55 is beautifully done along with excellent vocal harmonies.
Ray Brookes

SE

Just great  production, loving the  bass most of all.
Then the interlude of keys, harmonica and flute, cool stuff.
Well done excellent stuff!
recorder
Boss BR-80

TPB

I get the Stephen Sills vibe which  is a good thing love the interlude
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Ted

This is all you; your unique style and voice, but you gave me a fleeting flashback to early King Crimson.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Zoltan

I don't know where to start, or where to end. This is such a delight. The melodies, the images it conveys. The feel of the performance. The choice of notes. That bassline, the use of instrumentation. Those JohnBee vocals.

A masterfully crafted song that's a musically adventurous trip. It's complex  yet never loses the listener.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Mike_S

I can't add a lot as the comments above pretty much nail it. Another beauty John. Your vocals are really good as the melody sounds like it should be very hard to sing, but you do a brilliant job.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand