"From Childhood" w/Lurker

Started by Blooby, February 01, 2024, 05:18:15 PM

Blooby

From Childhood - Lurker & Blooby
Time:
0:00
Volume:

This one might get too weird in a couple spots (my favorite spots). Needs some levels tweaked, but it's getting closer.

Blooby

Lurker

The words that the singer sings:

Open the latches
Throw wide the gates
Unleash
That which lay hidden
Forbidden

Untouched since youth
Too wild
Uncouth
Imprisoned to mellow
Or wither
Or fester

What will we find
when we finally unbind
This thing long confined
in this capsule of mind
something refined?
Bitter, unkind?
Grateful yet blind?

This chance must be taken
Resolute and unshaken
To touch the forsaken
Perhaps to awaken

A spark
An insight
Raw with creation
Condemned as crude
As part of the passage
From childhood

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Ray Brookes

Fantastic production skills here. Just the right amount of space between each instrument. Yeah, a bit weird in places, so what? A great track and an excellent vocal performance, not to mention that lovely guitar solo at the end with a touch of Floyd maybe.
Ray Brookes

StephenM

seems normal to me... wow... this is so good... I love the vocals... the held notes... the held lines in all the right spots...

and the weird lyrics... but I dig them... and that crazy effected guitar is sensational!  So just right..
the bass does the perfect thing in a track like this... just add the power baby ....

a great track man... a great track men.... a great track

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Zoltan

Blimey... This is too good. I think i'm going to write a negative comment just in spite!

I didn't like the way you managed to say so much with so few words. I didn't like the great sounding guitars and playing. I also didn't like the singer who managed to stay in tune and sell the song to the listener.
I especially didn't like the songwriting that held everything together, and the arrangement that kept things interesting. I almost liked the cool weirdness of it all, but decided against it. Nope. Not having any of that.

Like i said. I didn't like. Move on. Nothing to see here.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Pete C

On my 3rd listen.. cool, I like the weird bits too !

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

SE

Proggy stuff, the vocal and guitars are just to good.
Might have to give a mention to the production, just excellent!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

I don't find it weird, it sounds brilliant to me, I love all the different instruments. They seem to gel together perfectly. Love the guitar work and those kind of lazy drums. Great vocals and lyrics.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

chapperz66

Yeah - it's a bit weird but that's how I like it.   Immersive and lush.  I love it.

Paul