Come on! Rock Tonight!

Started by Ron D Bowes, January 30, 2024, 08:44:10 AM

Ron D Bowes

Come On! Rock Tonight!
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Another track using my new amp set up. Tis time I cranked things up!!!

StephenM

Who is this?

starts out that way and I love it.

hell yeah man...

pummeling drums... crunch guitars.... slightly grungy bass...gritty and great vocals... with cool lyrics about living the rock and roll life... what is not to love?  Rock 2nite!

keep your rap and regae.... oh  yes... attitude

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Pete C

Instantly likeable, just the type of guitar tones and vocals that I love. Has a bit of that Stones vibe but there's nothing wrong with that ! Excellent song !

Pete

recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

Farrell Jackson

"I got my leather jacket, I got my bottle of booze" I can dig it! That little Marshall puts out a great driven sound. Cool guitar and all the vocals rock. Excellent Ron!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

TPB

Can never not listen to any song that has ruined class in it guitar sounds great rock on
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Ray Brookes

That new amp sounds great, Ron and great value for the money. Cool song too with a bit of Stones influence and good guitar work going on. Love those lyrics "You can keep your reggae, rap crap etc." 
Ray Brookes

Zoltan

Sometimes i think Ron might be the Devil. Not a bad one, but a "bad" one. Y'all know the difference. You're all adults!

As soon as i'm content with ITB guitar sounds comes a Ron with a small amp and a BIG sound. Almost makes me want to yell profanities towards Ron, but i'm sure he's already heard his fair share of those. I mean stories like these can't be picked from pure air, or can they?

Great playing, great sound. I think you're hitting a different sonical palette with your new setup. The amp sims served you well, but there was a somewhat squashed sound to some of it (probably intentional), but this is more open and better for your vocals. Now the guitars have more depth (in a lack of a better term) and it makes your vocals to sit more organically...Or i might just be spewing nonsense.

Great one Ron!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Johnbee

Man, this is sooooo cool, as most of your stuff is.  I love the fearless energy you put into your vox and guitar work.

:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

kenny mac

This rocks.
Stones vibe for sure.
Love the stop -start technique.
Great lead work.
Cool drum sound as well.
Love the lyrics as well and those backing vocals.
All round great rocker.

StephenM

Quote from: Zoltan on February 03, 2024, 04:17:16 AMSometimes i think Ron might be the Devil. Not a bad one, but a "bad" one. Y'all know the difference. You're all adults!

As soon as i'm content with ITB guitar sounds comes a Ron with a small amp and a BIG sound. Almost makes me want to yell profanities towards Ron, but i'm sure he's already heard his fair share of those. I mean stories like these can't be picked from pure air, or can they?

Great playing, great sound. I think you're hitting a different sonical palette with your new setup. The amp sims served you well, but there was a somewhat squashed sound to some of it (probably intentional), but this is more open and better for your vocals. Now the guitars have more depth (in a lack of a better term) and it makes your vocals to sit more organically...Or i might just be spewing nonsense.

Great one Ron!

I am not sure about the squash that Zoltan mentions but if this were Popeye he sure ate his spinach!  This is a blistering track.  Organic or chemically driven, what ever made this grow I will eat some!  smokin

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner