Living In The Moment

Started by Ray Brookes, January 29, 2024, 04:13:02 PM

Zoltan

Quote from: Ray Brookes on January 29, 2024, 04:13:02 PMthe twin-lead guitar

Yeah you did. Didn't you? I mean i've been thinking about your songwriting (and storytelling) AND your guitar playing a lot.

I think in all fairness you should have got the great songwriting and storytelling, BUT suffered from being a subpar guitar playing :D Isn't that usually so?

But nah. Here's Ray. Holding all the strings and just choosing which parts of his talents to showcase. Sometimes the songwriting calls for simpler parts and it almost makes it sound like Ray is a mere mortal. Then comes the song that calls for flash and Ray has it covered.

There are so many great details to this one. The bass guitar sounds in the bridge. The carefully selected sounds and the ability to keep it all together. There's never too much of anything yet there's a whole lot of ear candy.

The great playing is just the icing of the cake.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

Your songs are always a joy to listen to Ray, no matter what style you do. I love this upbeat, reminiscent type song. Great guitars, drums and your trademark keys. It's your lyrics that are the star. Awesome mate. Those twin guitars at the end sound brilliant. Kind of a "queen" vibe.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Blooby

This tune has so much forward momentum due to those drums and bass. Great arranging, songwriting, and performance. I particularly enjoyed the guitar on this and that lovely Hammond break. Another winner.

Blooby

StephenM

the mix is incredible.  I think the whole track is really great... that mix is like a really good live mix.. perfect! 

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

thetworegs

Another beauty Ray as I sit listening to you with snow coming down and settling....  loving those multiple voices on "living in the moment" a nice touch great lyric as always and then the dual guitars come in beautiful playing liking the interplay with the keys lovely track I was in the moment

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Pru

good stuff unc. i like those guitars in the outro and the lyrics are fabulous

Pipes

Great driving force of a tune

Super lyrics..

Somehow you reminded me of David Bowies's last album ''Dark star'' a track off that, can't remember which one.
Your vocal approach reminds me of it too.

Excellent..well done..

Nick