Something Is In The Air (Spawns of Stephen)

Started by StephenM, January 29, 2024, 02:48:59 PM

StephenM

Something_is_in_the_air
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Markus joined me on keyboard... that 25 year old Kawai still sounds great.

otherwise the Epi Nancy Wilson Firehawk one lead and one rhythm
Shecter bass
Tama Drums

the drums come just from a single room mic.  I used two of these mono tracks panned a bit from each other with different effects... and I also added a bit of the snare in as well.  btw...Zoltan gave me the room mic idea...which I know is a well known trick..however, I didn't know it.

this is weird...but it rocks.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

StephenM

Something Is In The Air (zoom and audacity mix)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
This is the original alt mix from the Zoom (music minus piano) and Audacity where I added in the vocals and keyboards.  Mastered with Masterdesk True Peak as is the one above...

the posted mix I like a bit better overall than this one.. but this has some fun crazy guitar panning

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Pete C

Another one of those songs where I don't know what to say other than it makes for compulsive listening !

Love the panning of the guitars on the original.

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

Mike_S

I listened to this yesterday while working. I am lucky I work at home and put on tunes when I like. This one caught my ear. You have a real talent for these psychedelic, trippy songs and to me they always sound like they are trying to convey something deep, spiritual even. As ever a sound totally your own. Great tune.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

TPB

Always nice to experiment the drums sound good I would say the song is a experiment but I have been listening to the inner workings of Steve mind for a while and would know who this is from the opening line
Well done brother I am listening to this as I paint the new barn doors and it is great
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Zoltan

I've heard this for several times and everytime i've got stuck at commenting.

I'm a huge fan of the Spawns of Stephen orchestral group. The songs are such weird trips that they take the listeners for a ride and sometimes leave the listener stranded on a rock... Feeling like an alien abductee!

Are my insides still there? Am i missing liver? Who cares? I'm feeling fine and the groove is strong on this one.

I like the hippie influenced guitar playing. If that ain't trippy i'm gonna change my name to chippy. That semi-crooner type of vocal track is greatness in itself. But the Kawai. Let's hear it for the Kawai. That's ESSENTIAL for the song.

And who is that drummer? He's having so much fun that he should be put on a padded cell. Great grooves, great fills. Great feels.

Where's Bluesberry with this weird staccato comments and hair growth to help me out on describing this musical sandwich of many generations?

Hooray for weird music!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Ray Brookes

Another cool trippy song, Stephen. Lots going on yet everything under control.
Ray Brookes

SE

Tripped out hippy coolness, kinda rappy vocal style.
The piano is the main instrument everything hangs on that, well played!
recorder
Boss BR-80

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

Another classic from you Stephen. The construction of the song is awesome, I love the way you mixed it.
The piano / keyboard really drives the song along, with its unsettling tone. The guitars , lyrics , vocals are great as always. And I really love the drums, and the fx you've put on some of them. Brilliant.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Blooby

This is perfect sixties B-movie party scene music...you know, where somebody has spiked the punch bowl with some LSD.

Trippy.

Blooby