Standing in the Light

Started by karl1171, January 29, 2024, 02:44:06 AM

karl1171

Standing in the light SC
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Well I've never had a song with a sax solo before, needless to say its not me, I wouldn't know which end to blow into!

Its made up from samples of the sax solo of a famous song - not the original by the way. Can anyone recognise it?

Ray Brookes

Cool song, Karl and nicely arranged. Nah, I could not recognise the sax samples.
Ray Brookes

StephenM

cool track for sure... has a kind of disco bass and the Rolling Stones used as well (that is quite good)... nice walkabouts there on it.

the guitar reminds me of the 80's and previous... the scratchy almost like so much pop and pop rock and even funk guitar.. very nice

love the ooooos

vocals sound real good.

samples remind me of Careless Whisper but then again that is all I could come up with.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Johnbee

Great tune.  Love the background vocals.  Don't know who the sax is from.

:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

Farrell Jackson

This has a slight Reggae vibe to it. The lead vocal is excellent and the backing ooos are spot on. The cool sax solo reminds me a bit of a song by Hall and Oates but that's all I've got at the moment, lol. Well done!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Ron D Bowes

Cool beat to the song . Reminded me a bit of 10cc. Nice vocal delivery. Love the bass! Clever stuff with the sax. Tone reminded me of Baker Street, but that is all.

Mike_S

Hey this is a very cool tune Karl. It actually reminds me (the song style) of some of the stuff Tony C might do here on songcrafter. Great groove. As for the sax... sounds great... a couple of bits are familiar, but it's killing me as I can't dig it outta my brain, what song it is from.

Okay that was annoying me... I had to figure it out is it Supertramp???

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Pete C

Nice song Karl..not sure why but the first time I listened the Tom Robinson Band sprang to mind, it has that late 70's vibe.
At first I thought the sax might be sampled from Rio (Duran Duran)then after reading Mike's comments maybe the Logical Song by Supertramp.

Hope you remember to tell us !

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

karl1171

Yes, it is The Logical song.  ;D 

The song in my head had a sax solo like that sort of style. I tried playing something similar on the guitar but it didn't fit quite right...

TPB

Great song so well laid out what you might to try is play lead on the guitar convert it to midi then have it play back on a sax sound font I just started getting to this sometimes it works other times not so good
Bravo on the song
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away