A different cover of Wonderful Tonight by Jean Pierre & Corné

Started by the physics teacher, January 27, 2024, 01:25:01 PM

the physics teacher

workshop voices Corné and brother V3-001
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Ok Ok, I allready published a version with the help of akoustic lounge but Jean Pierre offered me his backtrack and wanted to play with melodyne so here it is Jean Pierre on the instruments and his DAW.
Thank you so much for letting me sing on your track Jean Pierre. I hope it won't be the last.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nfN-JHZ8CA
I do have an elektic bass and guitar, i do have an acoustic guitar. I even have a keyboard and a Roland drum set What I seem to miss is skills. So to cure my at least 40y frustration I dicovered my instrument being my voice. So I finaly had the nerve to take singing lessons and make my voice heared thanks to Songcrafters.

Jean Pierre

thank you Corné

Indeed, I had done a cover of this nice Clapton song that we studied at school for English lessons, because it's not too difficult to understand...

I heard Corné's version and found the guitar bactkrack quite successful...(I didn't know what Lunge was) ...I came up with my own backtrack of this song, because at Songcrafters we don't really like "karaoke" covers...and it was also an opportunity to use vocal harmonies with Melodynes.

I've written a technical note on Melodyne and vocal harmonies in DAW and music software
HERE https://songcrafters.org/forum/index.php?topic=34540.msg408783#msg408783
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

StephenM

sounds wonderful tonight as I sit and listen in the quiet... actually it is early in the day but I thought the line fit the song 8)

JP's work is super and I think you sing a bit like EC... could fool me if someone said this was a obscure cut he did somewhere live in a small group setting...you know those rogue recordings that show up that can be quite good.

JPs lead is very nice as well

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Pete C

recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

Mike_S

Yeah lovely job guys. That singing is great and very well mixed into the music. Great playing from JP too.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand